Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

My husband and I are applying for the Partner Visa (309/100). I am the sponsor, I was born in Sydney and my husband is from Mexico, we met in Tokyo, when he was doing his Master's. We got married after 11 months of a long-distance relationship in which that time, my husband went to Mexico twice and I went to Japan for a month. We started the application when we both were in Mexico City but 10 days ago, I moved to Melbourne.

My questions are:

1. Is there any complication if now I'm in Melbourne and my husband is in Mexico City?

2. There's the form 40SP that I need to fill, but i don't understand if I have to send this form by post to my husband and then he has to send my form and his (47SP) to the Australian mission. Also, we need to submit these forms to our immi account?

Aditionally, I'm an Australian Citizen, but I have always lived in Mexico City. Now that I'm settling in Melbourne, I'm looking for a job and we have savings in our shared account, but I'm a little scared that this situation doesn't make me competent to be a sponsor for my husband.
Is there anyone that was in the same situation? or knows about someone that had the same problem?

Thank you!

Regards,

Rebecca

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
You have lots of important questions. I recommend that you seek assistance from an experienced Australian Registered Migration Agent. There are several excellent agents on this site, and I suggest you contact one of them. Think of their consultation fee as being insurance against having your application refused and losing $7,000.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.