Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day to everyone.
Mark and forumers, I will appreciate your response to my query.
Pardon me if this maybe a long post.
My partner( Australian citizen) and I been together for almost 3 years and decided to get married.
I am currently holding a Tourist Visa with multiple entry till Dec 2018. So to speak we had the date for the marriage ceremony on June 2018 and will stay there for 3 months since my visa specifically stated 3 months of every entry. We are planning to apply for Spousal Visa (onshore)whilst I’m there then come back to my home country in Phil..
Here are my questions:
1. Is applying for onshore spousal visa appropriate after marriage? Or should just apply for Offshore Spousal Visa?
2. Can I still use the Tourist Visa I have after marriage since it will run out on Dec?
My visa restrictions code are : 8101, 8201, 8303,8304,8564,8602
Thank you and hoping for clarifications and feedback from you guys.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
May I suggest that you consult a registered migration agent with Philippine experience?
Thanks wrussell for the recommendation.
I'll have that in mind.
Also, I know some here are registered migration agent and would love to get your thoughts on this as well. I really appreciate all your inputs. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
My partner( Australian citizen) and I been together for almost 3 years and decided to get married.

I am currently holding a Tourist Visa with multiple entry till Dec 2018. So to speak we had the date for the marriage ceremony on June 2018 and will stay there for 3 months since my visa specifically stated 3 months of every entry.

*** Do you have a No Further Stay condition on your current visa?

We are planning to apply for Spousal Visa (onshore)whilst I'm there then come back to my home country in Phil..

What exactly is the visa you are looking at? PMV 300 or Partner Visa 309 or 820? Spousal Visa is not a term used, so you need to be clear on the visa you are looking at ( normally they are called PMV,309 or 820)

Here are my questions:
1. Is applying for onshore spousal visa appropriate after marriage? Or should just apply for Offshore Spousal Visa?

*** Depends on what visa you are looking at A PMV and 309 must be applied offshore, a 820 must be applied onshore. A PMV is not an option if married.

2. Can I still use the Tourist Visa I have after marriage since it will run out on Dec?

*** Yes you can still use it - you can actually be in Australia until some time in March possibly - if you know how it works.

**** Can you confirm visa condition 8303? and not 8503?

The other poster is a Registered Migration Agent, might be best to take his advice.

My advice is do not get married until you know about the visa system a lot better.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
If you go to my website: pinoyau.com and use the contact form, I shall let you know what I need to see to assess your case.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

I am currently holding a Tourist Visa with multiple entry till Dec 2018. So to speak we had the date for the marriage ceremony on June 2018 and will stay there for 3 months since my visa specifically stated 3 months of every entry.

*** Do you have a No Further Stay condition on your current visa?
= I don't have 8503 condition on my grant notice.

We are planning to apply for Spousal Visa (onshore)whilst I'm there then come back to my home country in Phil..

What exactly is the visa you are looking at? PMV 300 or Partner Visa 309 or 820? Spousal Visa is not a term used, so you need to be clear on the visa you are looking at ( normally they are called PMV,309 or 820)
= we are thinking of 820 Visa

Here are my questions:

*** Depends on what visa you are looking at A PMV and 309 must be applied offshore, a 820 must be applied onshore. A PMV is not an option if married.
= 820 onshore application

*** Yes you can still use it - you can actually be in Australia until some time in March possibly - if you know how it works.

**** Can you confirm visa condition 8303? and not 8503?
= yes, I double checked by ViSa Grant Notice, it says 8303(activity limitation)

The other poster is a Registered Migration Agent, might be best to take his advice.

My advice is do not get married until you know about the visa system a lot better.
Thank you guys for taking time to look at my concern. I am learning from all your inputs and suggestions.

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
You would be best to refer to it as "onshore Partner Visa" or 820 Partner Visa.

Why would you be wanting to lodge an onshore Partner Visa, then go back to Philippines?

It does not make much sense.

Philippines have some different ideas about some parts of the processing, so some of your evidence might be great if processed in the Philippines but be detrimental if processed in Australia.

I strongly suggest you have a consultation with a Registered Migration Agent, I am aware that Westly has lots of experience with Philippine applicants and if my memory serves me correctly that includes his own family members.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I heartily agree with the other posters, to follow the course you have outlined without professional advice from a Registered Migration Agent, could very well end in an expensive disaster.
Thanks aussiesteve, that's actually my fear if everything will just end to nothing and spent so much. You are right. Should have a professional guidance rather than doing it alone.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
You would be best to refer to it as "onshore Partner Visa" or 820 Partner Visa.

Why would you be wanting to lodge an onshore Partner Visa, then go back to Philippines?

It does not make much sense.

= This is for the reason that every entry is max to 3 months, was thinking if I can go back and fourth and spend time with my future husband.
However with what I've read here in the forum, Onshore Partner Visa and other visa types can take longer to be processed and have a result. So by that time my visa already runs out and have to go back to Phil. I see now my it does not make sense early on.

Philippines have some different ideas about some parts of the processing, so some of your evidence might be great if processed in the Philippines but be detrimental if processed in Australia.

I strongly suggest you have a consultation with a Registered Migration Agent, I am aware that Westly has lots of experience with Philippine applicants and if my memory serves me correctly that includes his own family members.
= This is nice, Breath of Fresh air. Someone that can guide.

Thanks ampk 🙂

·
Super Moderator
2,135 Posts
Thanks aussiesteve, that's actually my fear if everything will just end to nothing and spent so much. You are right. Should have a professional guidance rather than doing it alone.
I am happy to hear that, Westley has had extensive experience in dealing with Philippne applications , you will be in safe hands.

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
Once a onshore Partner Visa application is made you can then get Medicare. You are also granted a Bridging Visa this if you stay in Australia more than the 3 months stay - becomes your new legal visa to stay in Australia until the Partner Visa is decided with full work rights.

But you will need to apply for a different Bridging Visa to travel outside Australia during processing time.

Basically if it turns out a good idea to apply Partner Visa onshore - you don't need the current visa after application.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I am happy to hear that, Westley has had extensive experience in dealing with Philippne applications , you will be in safe hands.
Thank you so much. Likewise here I'm very happy to know.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Once a onshore Partner Visa application is made you can then get Medicare. You are also granted a Bridging Visa this if you stay in Australia more than the 3 months stay - becomes your new legal visa to stay in Australia until the Partner Visa is decided with full work rights.

But you will need to apply for a different Bridging Visa to travel outside Australia during processing time.

Basically if it turns out a good idea to apply Partner Visa onshore - you don't need the current visa after application.
Thanks ampk. I appreciate your input together with the rest, aussiesteve and wrussell. I will take a look at the bridging visa and Medicare that you have mentioned.
Now I have a clear picture of the " how to process" for my situation. The journey is just starting.. long way to go. I would still need to get in touch with our professional and registered migration agent to guide me all the way.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.