Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All. I'm pretty sure I've got all the information correct as I've poured through the immi website and read up on everything, but maybe there's something alluding me that somebody on here may know.

My girlfriend & I are currently on our first year working holiday. We couldn't get the second year as we ran into trouble getting regional work... but that's another story. Anyway, our visa is running out on the 8 December. Here's the thing, my girlfriend is a nurse and is on the current skills list. She has also done the IELTS test and scored some extra points for our application. I also have an uncle living here in Perth, which means with his nomination we have 65 points and can apply for a 489 regional sponsored visa. Here's the problem. She has submitted her documents for a skills assessment from ANMAC about 12 weeks ago, and they have yet to process this. Without this, we can't even put in the EOI! The upshot is, we will either have to leave the country on 8 December and wait for this assessment - not very appealing with jobs, car, lease etc... or apply for a tourist visa and stay on here not working while we wait for ANMAC to sort this out. We have contacted them and they say it can take up to 16 weeks.

Anyone else been in a similar predicament have any advice? As I said, I know I have probably covered all our options above, but we're desperate at this stage. All help appreciated!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.