Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:) Hello experts,

My Visitors visa Subclass 600 was cancelled in February 2017 due to non-compliance with condition 8101.I am interested in applying for Australian PR under the Skilled migrant program (subclass 189). I am a registered nurse from India and I'm registered in Australia too. Is that something that I can pursue or not because of my visa cancellation?

·
Registered
129 Posts
As long as you haven't received a 3 year ban ..you are totally fine .

Subclass 189 is skilled independent visa , which means that if you pass the skills assessment, gets selected in EOI after scoring enough points , meet character and health requirements, you are totally fine ... However, if you apply for temporary visa like student/visitor visa , only then your previous history of refusal will be taken in consideration and your temporary visa might get rejected again. Cheers

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As long as you haven't received a 3 year ban ..you are totally fine .

Subclass 189 is skilled independent visa , which means that if you pass the skills assessment, gets selected in EOI after scoring enough points , meet character and health requirements, you are totally fine ... However, if you apply for temporary visa like student/visitor visa , only then your previous history of refusal will be taken in consideration and your temporary visa might get rejected again. Cheers
Thank you for your reply @Denis111 .There is no mention of any kind of ban on my NOIC (Notice of Intention to Consider Cancellation). However, I've come to know that there is a standard 3 year ban on every cancellation but it wont affect my PR application. Is that true?

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
I would suggest you contact a Migration Agent for advice. As I'm not entirely sure you understand the situation and it's potential effects nor the cancellation process.

The migration agent will help you firstly respond to the noic at which point you may not be cancelled - depending on your circumstances.

They will also advise you of the best route as to applying for a further visa. A breach of 8101 can result in significant difficulties in future applications (think character requirements).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.