Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I am a student at RMIT University in Melbourne. I completed my Bachelor's degree in Finance and MBA degree in Marketing and International Business from the US. I completed Master of Business (Marketing) in June 2010 from RMIT and will complete Master of Commerce in December 2010. I have 10 years work experience on my resume mostly in the marketing arena. My student visa expires in March 2011 so do I apply for a skilled graduate visa 485? When should I apply for this visa? Lastly, what job would fall under my nominated skill occupation in order for me to gain permanent residency? I would really appreciate your help. Thank you

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
The first requirement for the 485 is the two years study in Australia and you need to gain the qualifications for an occupation on the SOL as shown on Skilled - Graduate (Temporary) visa (subclass 485)
You ought to have a look through the SOL, schedule #3 and see what you feel your qualifications may be in line for as well as checking all eligibility requirements.
Cross referencing to A-Z Occupations List - Australian Skills Recognition Information may help.
Another alternative may be to see if there is an occupation on the employer sponsorship lists and see if you can find employment with an employer eligible for and prepared to sponsor - Employer Sponsored Workers - Workers - Visas & Immigration

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.