Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am currently on Student Visa and that will expire on March 14, 2018. I called the immigration last year and they said that all applicants should be in Australia. My son (9 yrs old) applied for a visa 600 so he can apply onshore as my dependent in my 485 visa. He was granted a 3 month stay. He came here 28 December 2017. I was trying to fill up the online form for lodgement but was stuck in the family unit member section. They said that a family unit member is not holding a pre requisite visa. I called the immigration and they said that my son is holding visa that is why I can't add him as my dependent in Temporary visa. I checked his visa 600 and there was no "No Further Stay" condition stated. Please help me. Can he apply as my dependent for 485 visa? How can he apply onshore if he is not holding a visitor visa?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5,941 Posts
Hi,

I am currently on Student Visa and that will expire on March 14, 2018. I called the immigration last year and they said that all applicants should be in Australia. My son (9 yrs old) applied for a visa 600 so he can apply onshore as my dependent in my 485 visa. He was granted a 3 month stay. He came here 28 December 2017. I was trying to fill up the online form for lodgement but was stuck in the family unit member section. They said that a family unit member is not holding a pre requisite visa. I called the immigration and they said that my son is holding visa that is why I can't add him as my dependent in Temporary visa. I checked his visa 600 and there was no "No Further Stay" condition stated. Please help me. Can he apply as my dependent for 485 visa? How can he apply onshore if he is not holding a visitor visa?

Thanks in advance.
Had you been correctly advised you would not have let your child, with the intention of applying for a further visa onshore, enter Australia using a visa with condition 8503 (no further stay) imposed.

Unless there are exceptional cirsumstances, you have very litte prospect of having condition 8503 waived and if it were waived it would be reimposed on any susequent visa granted to prevent a further onshore visa application.

From what you have posted, the advice you received from immigration was wrong.

If you want me to have a look at your case, please go to my website: pinoyau.com and use the contact form.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.