Australia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi my name is Guillermo (Will). I'm writing here because someone might be able to give me an idea of how things work here in Australia.
So, my situation: I hold Italian and Uruguayan passport, I've turned 35 years old last February.
I've arrived Australia on April 2015 holding a one year tourist visa (renewable every 6 months, which I already did on October 2015).

I've got permit to remain in the country until April 24th, 2016.

The situation now is that I want to stay here longer and I've been struggling to find out what possibilities do I have (considering my age wouldn't apply for a working holiday visa).

Although I don't have a diploma, I'm a freelancer photographer (Flickr link below) and have several experience as production manager in filming industry and as handyman (I consider myself capable to all work) and could get good references from all over the world. (this is just as extra information, doesn't mean these are the only things I do for a living, I'm quite versatile and adaptable).

Any advice, suggestion or help is welcome now that April is getting closer and I'm starting to desperate.

I really appreciate your time!

Looking forward to hearing from you

Thanks

·
Registered
266 Posts
You have left it too late for a skilled visa - getting the initial documentation would take longer than a month.

If your occupation is on one of the lists then all you could do is attempt to find an employer willing to sponsor you. But I would not fancy your chances

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.