Australia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I'm Ben, a UK citizen living in Brisbane on a working holiday visa. Unfortunatly my visa runs out on the 28th june and I can't find a way to extend it due to the fact i've been working in hospitality, which is'nt one of the jobs that allows you to extend.

I want to gain full Australian citizenship through TRA as i'm a qualified electrician back in the UK, but have little money and little time to put my self through the prossess, so my question is. Dose anyone know a way to achive my goal in the above circamstance??

Thanks

Ben

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
I suppose the first thing you ought to do if you're young enough for a second WHV is to go and do some regional work or WWOOF Australia Official Website as you still have a bit over three months in which to get that up.
Also good money to be earnt in pearling over in Broome WA from about April on and getting there can be cheap enough via Rental Relocations Australia New Zealand United States Canada - Hire Now at StandByCars with a bit of luck.

Have you also considered a WHV in NZ and either way you need to commit to doing something to earn/save enough money as it's not just the TRA that'll cost you as there is also a visa and then doing an Australian Wiring Regulations course , and then ultimately you need to find an employer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.