Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,
I'm actually an Australian so I'm not looking to get a visa but I am trying to work out how to get my girlfriend one. Problem is, we have never lived together before (she's pretty strict catholic) and we are not married :S Unfortunately this seems to exclude us from most if not all visas.
We've now known each other for a long time and we have kept in touch constantly ever since meeting her in Rio about 2.5 years ago (well, I met her over 4 years ago but we weren't together then) and then us travelling through South America together. I've gone back over to see her since (i have to work ): ) but we now want to move on to a more serious relationship, ie. her coming to live with me for a while before we both go back to Brazil together.
Is there anyone else here that has been in a similar situation? Am I dreaming or is a partner's visa a possibility (tourist visa won't allow her to work)?
I would really appreciate any advice anyone can give me.

Thanks!

Oh, and PS I'm from the Central Coast and now live in Alexandria, Sydney if you have any questions for me :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have you tried to get a finace visa that may work.
I wasn't able to find information on a Finance Visa, what is that?

"can your girl apply for a one year work/holiday visa to australia then at the end of the year use can apply for defacto visa"

She's Brazilian and so doesn't have the opportunity to get this visa :(

Is it true there is only a defacto visa for relationships? I know there's the student option, but I'd have to pay for her and I just couldn't afford that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.