Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

How is everyone? My name is Niamh. I have applied for an offshore partner visa (820/801) a few months ago taking my medical soon. Been looking at the threads for a while but only joined in the past month. My partner is Australian and wants to move back to the Gold Coast. I am looking forward to a new adventure.:)

Niamh x

·
Registered
200 Posts
Hey,

How is everyone? My name is Niamh. I have applied for an offshore partner visa (820/801) a few months ago taking my medical soon. Been looking at the threads for a while but only joined in the past month. My partner is Australian and wants to move back to the Gold Coast. I am looking forward to a new adventure.:)

Niamh x
Hey there & welcome!

Haha, we too applied in London, my partner is Australian too & wants to move back to the Gold Coast too. ;)

We've just come back from our second holiday there & I have to say I can't wait! Our holiday turned into more of a research trip as I tried to figure out which areas I'd most love to move too & which beach is my favourite...

·
Registered
200 Posts
That's cool that you have been I ve not been yet. His parents live near surfers so we re going to start there. When you hoping to go?
October next year, ideally.

Trust me, the Gold Coast is great. A bit difficult for a European to adjust to the "newness" of everything and quite touristy, but you can't beat the beaches and the lifestyle.

Personally, I wouldn't want to live in Surfers (work yes, but not live) but further south, i.e. Broadbeach, Nobby's, Burleigh... But that's just my preference :)

·
Registered
200 Posts
That's good to know before going. I think it's 5km from surfers. We re aiming for June. You guys going permanently?
Yes - my partner's whole family is there, he's got property & a job waiting. And we're both tired of London. There's only so much time you can spend in the grey smog...

You going permanently?

Just to wet your appetite for the Gold Coast, a couple of pictures from our recent holiday there:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok that would make anyone want to go. Thanks for that. That's good hopefully that will make it easier to settle for you. Have you an idea of what you want to do out there?

Yeah permanently. I was apprehensive about the heat but that's the only thing. He says the way of life is better at there.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Ok that would make anyone want to go. Thanks for that. That's good hopefully that will make it easier to settle for you. Have you an idea of what you want to do out there?

Yeah permanently. I was apprehensive about the heat but that's the only thing. He says the way of life is better at there.
Yes, the heat... My partner has been clever as he's only ever taken me there during spring. I think the heat should be bearable, especially being so close to the sea, but the humidity is what I'm really worried about... Not used to that!

I'm in IT so I'm hoping that it should be ok to find a job though I'm aware that a temporary visa isn't viewed that favorably by employers.
Ideally, I'd like to work locally and avoid having to commute into Brisbane, but that's where most of the jobs are.

Otherwise I'll just open a bakery (but don't tell him that - not the most secure income :p).

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I get you about the commuting. Don't worry your secrets safe lol. Didn't think about the humidity he told me it's not that humid. Lol.

Keep me updated on how you re getting on.

·
Registered
200 Posts
You too! Would be very interesting to see how your move to the Gold Coast progresses.

Oh, and if you have any Gold Coast related questions for someone who's a relative newbie to the area as well, just drop me a line! :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.