Australia Forum banner

Hi All.....I hve so many questions!!

636 Views 3 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  Hucath
Hi All
I have been offered a job in Sydney (yey!) but the employer have said that I must get a 457 visa (the contract is 4 years - it was 5 but has mysteriously been reduced).
I have two burning questions that I would be very grateful for some help with:

1) As I have 3 school aged children I would have to pay for their education on the 457 - the pay isn't that great - is it possible to apply for a 186 PR visa at this stage?

2) Can a 457 be extended from 4 years or be converted into a PR visa at any point since the 2017 changes?

Any help would be great, thanks:confused:
  • Like
Reactions: 1
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 4 Posts
In most states, (NSW being one of them) you have to pay towards the state education for your children when on a 457 visa.

A$5,000 per child/year if I recall correctly.

I have 2 children, and my employer is paying half

www . decinternational . nsw . edu . au / study / schools / temporary-residents
use above link to see the full, official info (sorry, I can't post proper links yet)
Looks like fees are going up to $5,200 / $6,200 for Senior High School

It does mention exemptions for low-income families - may be worth taking a look at that
See less See more
1 - 1 of 4 Posts
Not open for further replies.