Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And I've just managed to sort out the final details for my trip to Australia in September, so am very excited even though it is still 6 months away!

I'm really looking forward to chatting to other backpackers on here and finding out about their experiences and any useful hints or tips.

Happy travels :)

Victoria

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi Victoria! I am also travelling to Oz in September, I have my Visa.. will be booking flights soon.. did you get a good deal?
Have you sorted accommodation/work yet?

James x

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi James,

Nice to hear from someone else who is travelling around the same time!

I did indeed manage to get quite a good deal (well at least I think so!) good flights with Cathay Pacific to Sydney at £1027 return, the visa is approved and I got my insurance through Endsleigh which worked out at roughly £1 per day I'm away including cover for my laptop and it's a pretty comprehensive policy too.

I've got accommodation sorted in Sydney for the first week and am hostelling it, but after that I'm going to see what takes my fancy. Work wise, I've not sorted out anything yet, but I've signed up to a week long induction programme where I get a tax file number, bank account, sim card and job support, so fingers crossed work won't be too tricky to come by.

How about you, have you made any plans yet?

x

·
Registered
17 Posts
Wow! your sorted out early than good stuff!!

I plan to book flights, sort out a couple of weeks accommodation.. and look for some work.. I might try and do as much research on jobs as possible..

Only thing sorted and approved is working Visa! and of course making a long list of places and sights I want to see/visit!

I am planning to sort out phone, bank account ect.. on arrival.. first couple of weeks.

Is your ticket a year return?

James. x

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hi everyone, I'm Steve, my beautiful Romanian wife and I have submitted our 309/100 application on the 20/02/2012. It appears to be going along nicely, no request for further material,only medical, and interview date given to us. Good luck to you all. Lots of lovely people here with a common goal.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Steve, good luck with the move, I hope it goes well for you.

James, it sounds like you've got it pretty much sorted out for now, at least you have a plan of attack!

My flights aren't year return but to change the date is just £100 and easy enough so I figured I'd do that.

x

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi Steve, sounds great hope things work out well.

Thanks Victoria.. feel like I have a lot to do.. but i guess its a bit like a puzzle.. plan a piece at a time.. and hopefully it all comes together! haha x

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It is like a puzzle, you've still got plenty of time left before you leave, so it will all get done. Once you've got the flights just make sure you get the insurance soon after! x

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So far, not enough, about £1.5k but I plan to take over £4-5k. The saving bit is hard! How are your reserves? x

·
Registered
17 Posts
Cool, well I will have just under 4k by end of this month which isn't bad.. Flight money to take out, but my deposit on my flat will pay for most of it! Hope to take 7k if I can.. Will take credit card as well.. x

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wow you are doing well! I kind of wish I'd had longer to save a bit more but it was a pretty spur of the moment decision! x

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.