Australia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there everyone i'm Donna , I live in Scotland Uk , With my son Aidan (Scottish) My Australian husband , Our Daughter Olivia (Scottish but half Australian and I'm currently 20 weeks pregnant with our son.

We have just saved enough for my partner visa and my sons additional application on my visa. We are going to apply for citizenship by decent for the two youngest kids separately.

I'm just about to embark on the visa process but I'm sort of lost on where to begin. I do have an Immi account as we were married in Oz in 2015 so had to have visas to enter the country.

I have been looking at the visa forms as I done my husbands UK spouse visa on my own without an immigration expert so any help at all from you wonderful people will be most valuable and much appreciated as I go forward. Thank you for taking the time to read this and I hope to in your wonderful country with my kids asap.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Welcome :)
Have a browse around the Visas and Immigration forum - lots of helpful threads there on the Partner visa.
Also do have a read of the Partner Migration booklet as a starting point, it covers a lot of common questions.
We will be applying for a Partner visa for my husband in the next week or so, living in Ireland at the moment so will be applying to the High Commission in London, same as you.

Also since you are pregnant I thought to let you know that they do require a chest x-ray for the medical exam. It obviously isn't recommended for pregnant women so most people delay it until after birth, but this can also delay your visa being granted if that's a consideration for you (London has been processing them quite fast recently I have noticed - several approvals in 4-6 months).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you very much for the feedback , Well my husbands Spouse visa for the Uk runs out at the end of Aug 2018 so we are extremely uptight about the full thing tbh. Then i seen processing times taking 16 months...

Are you doing all of yours online ? I am presuming you are Australian ? . If so how does it work that you and my partner haven't actually been living there recently. Thank you for the reply.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.