Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

My name is Nell and I'm a 24-year-old Dutchie - my Australian boyfriend (25y.o. and born and raised in Aus) and I met online through gaming (yes, through gaming). We ended up skyping every day and wanted to meet up as soon as possible to see if we were "wasting our time" or if this was really something. Two months later I flew to Australia and we have been inseperable since - he is my soulmate for sure. He has been in The Netherlands with me since March this year and we'll both be flying to Australia (hopefully permanently) in January 2012. Initially we'll call it "a year in Australia" but if life ends up being easier for us there than here (and it probably will) we are both staying there.

We're depending on Working Holiday Visas for now (for him here and initially for me there) but eventually we both hope to obtain partner visas in each other's countries so we can share our lives and visit our families without restrictions... which is pretty vital if you want to create a happy future together. I can't imagine having to deal with immigration every time either of us wants to go home and the other wants to join them.

I love this forum so much - I have learned so much from it. I feel safe here asking questions and discussing (I never do if I want to ask or talk to immigration as much) and I just want to thank you all for making this environment what it is. I suspect I will be hanging out here A LOT over the next year and I will share whatever tips and information I can.

Love,
Nell

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Hi Nelly,

I think I've already replied to some of your threads, but still :)
I hope we'll be able to help you through the partner visa process, I know what it's like. All the best!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.