Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I'm Annie. I am originally from UK, but 21 plus years ago I emigrated (actually I came on a working holiday and stayed!) to Australia. I have lived in Sydney, Melbourne, Gold Coast and Brisbane.

I have travelled a fair bit too! I love Australia and look forward to meeting some great new people through this forum.

I run a couple of websites including an informational website about the Gold Coast (mainly because I was sick of all the rubbish information out there).

So if you ever have any Gold Coast questions, quite happy to draw on my 6 plus years experience living and loving the Gold Coast!

Please say hi and introduce yourself to me.

Cheers
Annie:)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Aussie coming home

Hi,
I'm Annie. I am originally from UK, but 21 plus years ago I emigrated (actually I came on a working holiday and stayed!) to Australia. I have lived in Sydney, Melbourne, Gold Coast and Brisbane.

I have travelled a fair bit too! I love Australia and look forward to meeting some great new people through this forum.

I run a couple of websites including an informational website about the Gold Coast (mainly because I was sick of all the rubbish information out there).

So if you ever have any Gold Coast questions, quite happy to draw on my 6 plus years experience living and loving the Gold Coast!

Please say hi and introduce yourself to me.

Cheers
Annie:)
Hi Annie
Are you still living on the Coast? If so, where?

I am an Aussie living in CA for the past 17 years, my husband is emigrating to Oz once the papers are final in a couple of months we'll be moving back home.

I used to live on the coast, Mermaid & Miami areas, in your opinion, what sort of places are available on the beach these days? Meaning, not a shabby flat or unit, something somewhat decent, but not hi rise Surfers. Would you say all go through an agency and that's the only way to go, or is there a local rag where private owners advertise their place to rent?

What's a 2 or 3brm unf going for these days? My large family all live in Brisbane, but because I lived and worked on the coast for 12 years, I consider that more my pace, plus I live in Venice in USA, so the beach is def for us...hope you are loving it over there

·
Registered
206 Posts
Hi JMaxwell,

We're right now looking for a flat/unit in those areas you mention. The best idea you can get is to look at this website "realestate.com.au", as most of the rentals are listed there, by all the real estate agents. You can type in the suburbs you are interested in as well as the price range. As far as private rentals, these are fewer. A good website for private rentals is "gumtree.com".

The rental market in Australia is highly competitive, and anything decent goes fast! Best of luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.