Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

our family have been through all the earthquakes & aftershocks since the first 7.1 in September 2010 (there has been over 10,000 now).I was waiting in the car today & couldn't decide if it was the wind rocking the car or a small aftershock,(then I realised I didn't care anyway).

My partner is a truck driver he & is looking for a job in Australia.He has been there a few years ago & had an MC licence is QLD but it has lapsed.He needs to renew it before he will get a job over there but he can't come over until he has a job so it's a catch 22.
We need an Australian address to put on the application,does anyone know how we can procure one?

·
Registered
833 Posts
Hi Dottie. Isn't kiwi license automatically recognizable in Aus?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Firstly,Hi & thanks for your reply.
I thought that too,but my hubby has been contacted by an employer & it sounds like he pretty much has a job there when he gets his licenced renewed.But knowing my hubby he has probably only told me half of the conversation.

·
Registered
833 Posts
That was my impression. He might be able to get a new license or renew in NZ.
Might be a good idea to check the RTA website in the state he is planning to work (Qld I presume).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ahh,RTA.Never thought about that,good point.
He had got his MC licence in QLD but I can't tollerate the humidity there so we are looking along the southern coast(I'm a southerner here too,so would feel more comfortable).We are looking at VIC,SA,south WA.
Thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
833 Posts
All the best of luck! Wa is quite humid as well. Southern NSW, VIC and SA are probabily the best option "coolness" wise :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yip! Most of the people left in Christchurch are the ones that aren't too bothered by the shaking.We are all WAY over it though,I don't usually feel them unless they are over a 3.5 now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.