Premium Member
9,033 Posts
Don't be nervous! And welcome. :)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Don't be nervous! And welcome. :)
Thanks, CG. I'm mostly nervous because I've spent so much time putting this together and we have a somewhat unique situation being a very international marriage. He was living and working in Japan, I was working in California and he came for a business trip to the states two years ago. We decided to meet up (we're old friends from Japan - I worked there too before) and well, hit it off. What that's meant, though, is a lot of periods apart punctuated by visits, sometimes to the US, once to Japan and twice to Australia. He proposed in Dec 2012 and we were married in Melbourne this past January, but I worry that it looks hella weird to Immi. We both quit our jobs and established ourselves in Melbourne (spent 3 full months together, finally), but I had to head back to the US to finish up some contract work and get the wedding party stuff organized. So, we're applying, but as you can see it's not exactly the most conventional of relationships...

*phew* Sorry that was so long.

jitendra123 - The main visa page would probably be a better place to ask than here. you'll get more responses there for sure. :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Good luck! I've just started down this path and I understand why it's scary! I haven't even filled my app out but I can't shake the thought of what happens if I get it wrong...I wish you and your husband all the best and I'll keep my fingers crossed!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello. I'm also from USA. Came to AUS on Visitor Visa with Partner (who had/has a permanent resident visa). Applied for Partner Visa Feb., was granted last week. Now the two-year wait for permanent!
Good luck to you. Lots of great info here in the forums to help.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I've been lurking around these forums while I worked on my application. Just submitted for my offshore Partner VISA. Nervous as hell...
I know how you feel. I guess we have all gone through that stage eh. That anxious, nervous etc, kind of feeling. I wish you the best. I hope you will get your visa grant soon. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.