Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have a son married and living in Central Coast NSW he has just applied for citizenship having been a resident now for five years. My daughter now wants to emigrate but we are unsure how to proceed, I think she would apply for a skilled visa 176 anzsco codes 421111 or 241111 or 1341111but we need her qualifications verified., She has a SVQ 3 in childcare I think this is equivalent to an Australian diploma she is due to finish her level 4 in april 2011 this is equvalent to a Batchelor of Childcare, how does she get these verified? Would she do better waiting to complete her level 4 she has been working in childcare since leaving school aged 16 and is now 29 years old.
Any help would be appreciated
Cheerio Greg (blackink)

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Hi I have a son married and living in Central Coast NSW he has just applied for citizenship having been a resident now for five years. My daughter now wants to emigrate but we are unsure how to proceed, I think she would apply for a skilled visa 176 anzsco codes 421111 or 241111 or 1341111but we need her qualifications verified., She has a SVQ 3 in childcare I think this is equivalent to an Australian diploma she is due to finish her level 4 in april 2011 this is equvalent to a Batchelor of Childcare, how does she get these verified? Would she do better waiting to complete her level 4 she has been working in childcare since leaving school aged 16 and is now 29 years old.
Any help would be appreciated
Cheerio Greg (blackink)
The qualifications assessing organisations are shown on the SOL lists via Professionals and other Skilled Migrants - Workers - Visas & Immigration and on the What's New link you'll find information on processing priorities.
A-Z Occupations List - Australian Skills Recognition Information gives additional information on occupational qualification requirements and other relevant data.
So first step for any aspiring skilled immigrant is to get an idea of how their qualifications and experience will match assessment and then for an immigration application there is a mandatory 12 months experience within past two years and that being post qualification date.
So if for instance her SVQ4 is assessed as aceptable and she graduated in April 2011, it would be 12 months experience after that date.
It could be that with many years of experience and then also in finishing her qualification she may find employer sponsorship a quicker route and perhaps your son will be in a position to be a scout for her, 457 TR visas being a popular initial step though there is obviously a reliance on sponsorship being maintained.
Employer Sponsored Workers - Workers - Visas & Immigration

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.