Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody

i have just joined the forum

i am from armenia. currently i am taking steps toward migrating to au.

hope to be there in a year or so.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi everybody

i have just joined the forum

i am from armenia. currently i am taking steps toward migrating to au.

hope to be there in a year or so.
Welcome Earthman.
I wish you the best of luck on your application, and hope it goes smoothly.
A year sounds like you have your plans made and timing worked out.
Do you have a place in Australia in mind ?

Cheers
Adrian

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome Earthman.
I wish you the best of luck on your application, and hope it goes smoothly.
A year sounds like you have your plans made and timing worked out.
Do you have a place in Australia in mind ?

Cheers
thanks for good wishes.
a year is what the migrating agent has told. i guess my application will take at least a year. it'll clear up after july 1, when new ammendments to the migration procedure will come into force.

my place in australia depends on the visa type i'll be qualified for. if it'll be regional sponsored i'll have to live in a place i'll be told for two years.

are you also on the path to australia or already there?

regards,

earthman

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
thanks for good wishes.
a year is what the migrating agent has told. i guess my application will take at least a year. it'll clear up after july 1, when new ammendments to the migration procedure will come into force.

my place in australia depends on the visa type i'll be qualified for. if it'll be regional sponsored i'll have to live in a place i'll be told for two years.

are you also on the path to australia or already there?

regards,

earthman
Do not always believe what agents say and the very first thing you'll need to do for most visas is have your qualifications assessed .
There's a heap of info on Department of Immigration & Citizenship and also in our Visas&Immigration section that could help you if you want to take a DIY approach.
That is not so difficult and you'll save a heap of money.
Have a look over in the section and at others re lifestyle things and you can ask more in the relevant sections.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi Earthman,
As Wanderer says (he has a lot of sound knowledge on the subject, if I may be so bold to say) it is not hard to do yourself. My wife migrated to Australia and between the two of us, we had considered a migration agent, but found that it was not necessary. It takes a little bit of reading and study, and of course forms to fill, but in the end, you have some control over the information you present. With the experience from the people of this forum you may be surprised how straight forward it really is...providing you know which visa you require. Even reading back through this forum would be worthwhile homework. In my opinion, persistence and patience has been our best ally. It took us 6 months from applying before Carla has her approval on spousal visa. (we were married prior to the application.) But we had known each other for years before that. (Edited... we took our time of about 12 months before applying to make sure we understood what was needed and thoroughly read the forms , gathered our information and talked to others who had been through the spousal immigration procedure before.)

Cheers
Adrian

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.