Australia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm Ivan, musician from Croatia. Didn't make any real steps, still looking my options, except contacting (and paying) Australian agency. I got a phone call and was horrified with the amount of money they said it takes to accelerate the process. It takes about a year here to save it. I have full time (but substitute job) here and Masters degree I would very much like to use in Australia. I would also like to improve my skills which are not so common. Would like to hear your opinions.

·
Registered
19 Posts
hi Ivan. good luck. what kind of Australian agent you are talking about?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
GSM Australia agency. I don't think all the fees are fraud. They seem legit. And it is not all the agency payment that kept me waiting. Insurance money, plane tickets, rent money... I have to cover my life for the first month. And I am not easy on debts. Also- none of the job openings I applied ever answered. So- it is in the air untill I actually come.

·
Registered
19 Posts
are you in Australia now?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No. Trying to gather some money for that step. It takes much longer to earn that in Croatia. I believe I will have enough to apply again in a month or 2.

·
Registered
19 Posts
what kind of visa you want to apply. please tell me

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I WILL apply for working visa. I want to work and improve. Not there to use social system. That is the only visa I am interested in.

·
Registered
19 Posts
you cant apply for a work visa before you find a employer is willing to sponsor you? im wright? brcause im looking for a work visa to.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
in which degree you have master degree ivan
Music theory (harmony, polyphony and counterpoint being main subjects). Qualified to teach musical forms, solfeggio, conducting, composition... and I am good at it. Both theory and practice. My pupils have so far 100% success with entrance exams to high school or academy. I also conduct and my choir has bunch of rewards. Not to brag, just want to try myself somewhere more competitive.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Re:

I'm Ivan, musician from Croatia. Didn't make any real steps, still looking my options, except contacting (and paying) Australian agency. I got a phone call and was horrified with the amount of money they said it takes to accelerate the process. It takes about a year here to save it. I have full time (but substitute job) here and Masters degree I would very much like to use in Australia. I would also like to improve my skills which are not so common. Would like to hear your opinions.
why don't you try for canada they recently introduced Express Entry Canada Immigration it's like a fast track processing

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.