Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I applied for 487 Family sponsored visa in 2010 but still waiting for outcome ,even before applying 487 visa I applied for 485 (TR) which I got and recently ceased. Now Dept of Immi informed , that I will be on bridging C that means no work ,no travel .Immediately I applied for work permit ,do you know how long it takes to get .

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Mark for a spontaneous response, am quite apprehensive about this, as I was not informed beforehand by my agent.is their any process to expedite it.

·
Premium Member
9,759 Posts
Hi Jayant -

Sounds like you have the wrong agent if they're not informing you properly regarding these issues!

The application for the right to work involves demonstrating a compelling need to work due to either financial hardship, or an "approved appointment" to work such as an approved nomination for a 457 visa. You will want to make sure your application for work rights is complete, detailed, and effectively demonstrates through evidence your financial hardship should you not be allowed to work. Unfortunately no way I know of to expedite the appliccation.

If your agent is preparing this for you, I would definitely ask to review a copy of the application before it is lodged, and don't be shy about asking questions about how it was prepared and what evidence is being included. After all, it's your life and your career!

Hope this helps -

Best,

Mark Northam

·
Premium Member
9,759 Posts
That sounds like a good start - they will also be interested in any savings, liquid assets, etc you may have. Other info that can be helpful: details on any other family in Australia and why they cannot support you financially, details of any payments from your home country (especially ones that occur regularly - monthly, etc), how you have supported yourself up to now, and what will happen to you if you are not able to work.

Best,

Mark Northam

·
Premium Member
9,759 Posts
Did you agent make the application for you? If so, I would make an urgent request for a complete copy of the application and go over it yourself to determine if they have included all the information you believe should be included.

Overall, it's better to update an application before it's been decided, then to try and do so after it's been decided. I would get a copy of the application and all supporting documents as soon as possible so you can decide if it fully describes your situation to your satisfaction.

Best,

Mark Northam

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you very much for valuable information ,yes It was done by agent and I will request to get my application first and scrutinise it .

will post more about 487 shortly

Thank u very much

·
Premium Member
9,759 Posts
Happy to help, Jayant. I do not mean to criticise your agent in any way - my point is that as the applicant, you should always know exactly what's being submitted on your behalf, and (in my opinion) should always be provided with a copy of every form and submission made to DIAC on your behalf.

Best,

Mark Northam

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.