Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my sister is a graphic designer and is on a bridging visa awaitng delegation of an officer for her case for permanent residency which they have just informed her would take at least another year to get.

in the meantime her husband is in the gulf and would like to knowthe options of visas opened to her to enable her to bring her husband here while she is waiting for the visa to get processed.

any suggestions please as she is getting desperate and nervous about the whole thing.

thanks
brother:confused:

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Hi Jude,

What visa is your sister actually applying for? Did she nominate her husband/mention him on her application? I don't know a lot about skilled visas but normally husbands or wives come over on the same visa as a second applicant....I think. Don't worry, someone here will be able to give you the right answer.

my sister is a graphic designer and is on a bridging visa awaitng delegation of an officer for her case for permanent residency which they have just informed her would take at least another year to get.

in the meantime her husband is in the gulf and would like to knowthe options of visas opened to her to enable her to bring her husband here while she is waiting for the visa to get processed.

any suggestions please as she is getting desperate and nervous about the whole thing.

thanks
brother:confused:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
visa 886 bridging visa at the moment. she was to get an immigration officer this year so she got married in the meantime, so shes the only applicant at the moment.
but they have got back to her that visa officer would be on her case only next year. so shes wondering what else can be done to get her husband here in the meanwhile

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
visa 886 bridging visa at the moment. she was to get an immigration officer this year so she got married in the meantime, so shes the only applicant at the moment.
but they have got back to her that visa officer would be on her case only next year. so shes wondering what else can be done to get her husband here in the meanwhile
I'm still waiting for someone with more knowledge to give their opinion, but this is what I found on the immi site:
Skilled - Sponsored (Residence) visa (subclass 886)

Secondary Applicant Eligibility

You may include the following secondary applicants in your visa application:

partner
a dependent child of you or your partner
a dependent relative of you or your partner.
See:
Including Secondary Applicants in your Application
General Skilled Migration Definitions

Secondary applicants must meet all of the following requirements:

Eligible visa
Health
Character
Australian Values Statement

Your sister's partner should have been declared even before they got married: a de facto partner is recognised as a partner (unmarried). Her partner would have been the secondary applicant, so now I think she's made things more complicated, why didn't she make him the secondary applicant? If she's in Aus now I suggest she calls 131 881 to see what she should do.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.