Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hiya! Im wanting to travel to Oz!

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Wanderer 
#1 ·
Hiya Everyone,

Im new to this website and new to all this Australia travelling so would like ALOT of help if anyone can spare their time?!

I am thinking about going travelling in Australia next year 2011 and i need to know what i have to do to prepare for it, what i need to get, how much money i will need for flights and to start me off, Where to start, how to plan my journey ect?
So so sooooo many things i need to know..

Any help will be VERY much appreciated :)

Thaaaaankkkkkssss!

Loves
Tania <3

#2 ·
missbump999

hello
I'm new to this forum but I've been to Australia and I'm planning to travel back again soon. Its a daunting task when you are trying to figure it all out.
Firstly just want to ask where your traveling from. Flight prices vary enourmously. Shop around. Try book all the flights yourself ie. book them individually yourself as opposed to booking through an agent, you can get great deals if you book your own way. Example traveling from London to Kuala lumpar with air asia is about 200 euro, from Kl to Perth or Sydney you can probably pick it up for another 200 euro or less. So all in all you can make it there pretty reasonably it just takes a bit of time shopping on the internet.
Hope this helps.

#4 ·
Hi Tania and yes, there is a bit to think about and the airasia flights Miss Bump mentions can be a great saving to kick off a trip.
They also fly to the Gold Coast and you may even want to consider an Asian stop over as it's extra cheap about there and you can buy some cheap summery clothing.
Have a look in our travel section, scroll back a few pages and you'll find various threads with different ideas.

As to where to start and planning the trip, making the most of the weather, warmer without being too hot can be the making of a trip - follow the Sun as they say and in doing that it'll depend on when you plan to start as where may be best.
In general terms, it is best to think about the far north for no earlier than May and then no later than September/October for Darwin and say up to November/December for northern Queensland because of more humid tropical weather with possibility of even cyclones and flooding etc., and of course fatal stingers in the sea.
That same period is when it's coldest down south and so if you plan on from December/January to May in the south you'll get the best of summer/autumn there and then can think about the north.
It also works out the best re work too if you will be doing the WHV and if you're not afraid of a bit of hard yakka work, it's a good way of earning funds and also qualifying for a second WHV.

Pack light, not too much in way of fancy clothing and anything you happen to forget other than a visa and passport you can get here and without those you'll not be getting here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.