Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys
I am english, living and working on a holiday working visa, i am on my 1st year, i will b applying for my 2nd year visa soon, but my query is -

my intended reason for coming to australia was to build a relationship with someone who i had met over the internet a yr b4 i came here, who in fact is also english but will be applying for there citizenship january 2012.
we live together, we have opened up a joint savings account to give us evidence that we are together, so after my working visas have run out is there any thing else we can do so that we can stay together?
I have friends out here who have done this but they knew each other for a while b4 they became a couple, as i have researched the visas and it states we have to b together for 2 yrs b4 we can apply, 2 yrs will b the day my second visa expires as technically we did not get together until the day i entered australia as we had previously not met in person until that day i arrived.( we are a male and female couple )
HELP :(
rae xx

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
I am not sure where you get the two year bit from rae and even without citizenship, if your partner has PR, sponsorship can occur so have a look at the 820/801 via. Family - Visas & Immigration there being all the eligibility
requirements of at least 12 months together and that can even be reduced if you are in ACT, NSW, Tasmania or Victoria which all have relationship registration provision.

You will also find a link to Booklet #1 there along with a good Checklist in the applying section and have a read of the sticky thread by el kitten for some ideas on evidence to support your application.
It should be a walk in the park for you if you have a second WHV to make use of.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the reply wanderer :D
i seen on some of ur replies to others in a simalar situation to me about, ` No Further Stay condition` for applying for a visa while on another visa already, would i also have to leave the country to apply for this or not. x

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.