Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am legally married to my partner. We are holding off our wedding party until we both finish our studies.

We both would like to be together during Christmas and New Year 2017/2018.
Can you please let me know if I should apply for the holiday visa sponsored by family member or the normal tourist visa for him?
Please help because I am unable to take a decision myself, I do not want the holiday visa to impact the partner sponsorship in two years.

Thank you :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Mania,

Thanks for your help.

Have you had experience with the normal tourist visa?
I was advised by someone to see a migration agent but I don't think its a hard visa to apply for?

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
It is one of the more simple visas to apply for.

However if you have concerns in any way then a registered migration agent would be a worthwhile chat. A rejected visa now could complicate later applications both here and in other country's.

2 questions - Why wait for 2 years for the partner visa? Where does your partner hold citizenship?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
We are holding of the partner visa due to his current studies that will be completed in mid 2019. He's originally from Afghanistan but he's studying in India.

@skybluebrewer thanks for your help. I have already checked ETA Tourist visa but Afghan passport is not supported by ETA.
Wow your partner visa was granted very quickly! I guess it depends on the country you are from...

·
Registered
7,019 Posts
You will find it hard to get a Visitor Visa. I suggest you not only consult a RMA but also have them do the application. That may give you a chance.

Several RMA's on here are recommended by many.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
We are holding of the partner visa due to his current studies that will be completed in mid 2019. He's originally from Afghanistan but he's studying in India.

@skybluebrewer thanks for your help. I have already checked ETA Tourist visa but Afghan passport is not supported by ETA.
Wow your partner visa was granted very quickly! I guess it depends on the country you are from...
I agree with ampk above, have a chat with a registered migration agent - for the sake of a few hundred bucks it could save you the headache of a rejection.

Further I will add - I assume you know that you can apply for a partner visa offshore? Starting the process now if you are eligible will mean potentially having the visa when you need it at the end of 2019 as opposed to starting the wait then - and trust me the wait is long, stressful and all in all soul destroying!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I appreciate your advises ampk and Mania :)
Thanks for the link, I had a read through it and it was helpful.
Oh I didn't know I can apply now and hold of the visa until 2019?
I knew that once your visa is granted you have the time limit of 12 months to enter Australia until it expires.
Yeah I have heard how people do not return back to their country on a tourist visa and now it affects our applications as well :(
Do you know a good trustworthy RMA in Perth?

·
Registered
7,019 Posts
Most RMA,s use Skype or other to do consultations so location is not really an issue.

I used one when in Darwin and think he was in Sydney. Personally I would (and did) use one of the RMA's that post on here often, about 5 or 6 do and they are all very experienced. They all seem to give a very good service and I have spoken to a few forum member on the phone that highly praise the RMA they used.

That said I think one is Perth area based, but not sure. They generally all have their MRA# in signature under their posts.

·
Registered
7,019 Posts
Thanks Mania, I need to wind back my time on here now I am working (a big shock jumping straight into 10 hr days 6 days a week after doing nothing last 8 months and very little for a year or so before that). It is great to see others help out others on this site and I learnt a lot doing it.

Best part is if you get something wrong often a senior or a RMA correct you nicely - keep up the good work.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Why is the 'normal' tourist visa easier to get? Just curious.
That I know not and would rather not speculate as I don't want to put potentially incorrect info - but if you have a look at the statistics around 30% of them don't go thru. 66-73% grant rate depending when you look in the 2015-2016 period.

In comparison with tourist visas where only around 10% don't go thru. 90-92% grant rates over the same periods.

https://www.border.gov.au/Reportsan...stics/visitor-visa-bi-annual-report-jun16.pdf

·
Registered
7,019 Posts
I guess and only a guess that PAM3 has "Normal" and "Normal +sponsor" policy requirements.

That just means you need to tick 20 boxes not just 15. That and people have brought their way in in the past and never been seen again.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.