Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

A friend is currently in the process of applying for a Visitor Visa (600) for her holiday in August (starting mid August). She is a Filipino who is working in HK. Only finally submitted the application on Monday, and immediately had a response about booking for Biometric data collection for the application. She had the appointment this morning, but they've advised her that they send the fingerprint scan and digital photo to her and that it would be in 2 to 3 weeks.

Just wondering if anyone has any experience or know anyone who does with this process?

Doing the maths, 11th July today, add 2 weeks is the 25th July.. then 16-26 days for the application to be processed.. makes it the 10th-20th of August, so at best bet on the indicated times leaves no time to actually buy plane tickets, etc.. :(

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Online through Dept Home Affairs (Immi account). Provided biometrics request letter to VFS Global.

Yesterday afternoon the biometrics reference under Actions (which currently just shows 'Attach Documents' and 'Health Assessment') disappeared, so I assume it's been received by them. We marked off the documents requested as being attached also, so now it's flagged as being assessed, so I think my query has been answered :D

It's just weird they said 2-3 weeks and emailed and not provided to the immigration department. I have a feeling there might have been some mis-communication and they were thinking this was a tourist visa application made through VFS and that they'd send the result via email in 2-3 weeks (per the current processing times for these Visas).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.