Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope someone can advise me

My aunt wants to come over. She has extensive qualification and experience in social work but she is over 50. I am currently between 820 and 801 visas.

Myself or my partner would be willing to sponsor her and she has connections with my partners Australian family.

Does my Aunt have any possible method to come to Australia and be able to work? Please tell me if i need to provide more information.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Hope someone can advise me

My aunt wants to come over. She has extensive qualification and experience in social work but she is over 50. I am currently between 820 and 801 visas.

Myself or my partner would be willing to sponsor her and she has connections with my partners Australian family.

Does my Aunt have any possible method to come to Australia and be able to work? Please tell me if i need to provide more information.
All permanent employer sponsored and general skilled migration visas have an upper age limit of 45.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All permanent employer sponsored and general skilled migration visas have an upper age limit of 45.
I'm asking if there is some other option. e.g. can family stream be applicable? It's hard to believe that nobody over 45 can enter and work in Australia?

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
I'm asking if there is some other option. e.g. can family stream be applicable? It's hard to believe that nobody over 45 can enter and work in Australia?
Yes, I did understand the question. There are parent and partner visas and they come without an age limit. There are also remaining relative and carer visas, which are in very limited supply, nearly impossible to obtain and probably won't be relevant to your aunt.

Temporary work sc. 457 visas don't have an age limit and as far as I know, neither have the TSS visas that will replace the sc. 457 visa in March. These are temporary visas though, so the age limit will become a problem again when trying to seek a permanent stay after the TSS expires. She would also need to find an employer to sponsor her.

There are no other visas you ,or your family, could sponsor your aunt for. The only skilled visa with family sponsorship has the 45 year age limit.

Reactions: CollegeGirl

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the answers. Wasn't concerned that your answer was incorrect or not credible, just wanted to be 100% clear there is really no option. Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Thanks for the answers. Wasn't concerned that your answer was incorrect or not credible, just wanted to be 100% clear there is really no option. Thanks
A temporary work visa may be an option. You never know what may happen in the future. Is she single ?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hi,

I'm need advice on behalf of a friend whose on a carer visa and his family.

He was made a carer of his sister's disabled children. For nearly a year, he had been going twice a week for two hours each to take care of the children. After almost two years now he's decided to stop going and has since found another job.

His fear is that his sister has reported him to immigration. What are the chances that his and his family's visa would be cancelled because his sister is very upset? Can they stay permanently in OZ even if he stopped fulfilling his duties? Also, would he and family qualify for citizenship down the track despite his circumstances?

Thanks to anyone who can shed light on this.

·
Registered
838 Posts
They would need to read their visa grant letter for the conditions placed on them.

Hi,

I'm need advice on behalf of a friend whose on a carer visa and his family.

He was made a carer of his sister's disabled children. For nearly a year, he had been going twice a week for two hours each to take care of the children. After almost two years now he's decided to stop going and has since found another job.

His fear is that his sister has reported him to immigration. What are the chances that his and his family's visa would be cancelled because his sister is very upset? Can they stay permanently in OZ even if he stopped fulfilling his duties? Also, would he and family qualify for citizenship down the track despite his circumstances?

Thanks to anyone who can shed light on this.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.