Australia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys,
I am in a situation where many of you reading thus might be able to guide me. I had applied for my wife's partner visa 309 and it is still in process and not granted yet. Now, what do I need to do, to add new born baby in the same visa application as a dependent child.

Can I add new born as dependent in the same lodged visa application? If yes how?

OR

Do I have to lodge a new and separate application for baby? If yes, which visa needs to be applied (And i don't way as both mother and baby needs to travel together)

OR

If there is any other smart way. Lodging Dependent child visa (101) separately takes 24 months approx to process and I really don't want to go this way.

Is there any other smart way that I can add baby in the same already lodged visa application 309?

Thank you.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi if your wife is onshore waiting for her visa to be granted(820)you dont need to apply visa for newborn because it is automatically a australian citizen but you can add that to her application as a evidence that you have a newborn child

·
Registered
5,835 Posts
If you were an Australian citizen or permanent resident when your child was born s/he is an Australian cirizen by birth. Upload the birth certificate to your online 820 application and apply for evidence of citizenship.

·
Registered
88 Posts
The baby is already a citizen, just upload his birth certificate, (go on update information select change of circumstance,attach the birth certificate, that's all man

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How can i add a new born baby as dependent in already lodged 309 partner visa

Hi guys,
I am in a situation where many of you reading thus might be able to guide me. I had applied for my wife's partner visa 309 and it is still in process and not granted yet. Now, what do I need to do, to add new born baby in the same visa application as a dependent child.

Can I add new born as dependent in the same lodged visa application? If yes how?

OR

Do I have to lodge a new and separate application for baby? If yes, which visa needs to be applied (And i don't way as both mother and baby needs to travel together)

OR

If there is any other smart way. Lodging Dependent child visa (101) separately takes 24 months approx to process and I really don't want to go this way.

Is there any other smart way that I can add baby in the same already lodged visa application 309?

Thank you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts