Australia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My current WHV runs out on the 30th September. Will it be possible for me to apply for my 820 partner visa on the day itself or the evening before? I believe I automatically go onto a bridging visa whilst my application is being processed. I only ask because I will receive my pay check on the evening of the 29th and due to the expense of the visa, it would save me having to borrow money off friends or family. Thanks for your help in advance!

·
Registered
7,022 Posts
I would borrow - that website is a crasher even in person(courier) is no guarantee.

I would do 3 working days before.

·
Registered
7,022 Posts
Might be worth a call to your accountant, a one way to Bali or some place booked. Then a change of heart later?

Much of that money is spent in places like Bali, I have no problem in it paying a bill in Australia.

·
Registered
7,022 Posts
Eligibility for DASP

You can claim a DASP from your super fund if all of the following apply:
•you accumulated superannuation while working in Australia on a temporary resident visa issued under the Migration Act 1958 (excluding Subclasses 405 and 410)
•your visa has ceased to be in effect (for example, it has expired or been cancelled)
you have left Australia
•you are not an Australian or New Zealand citizen, or a permanent resident of Australia.

You may need to go offshore after application - worth a look into if you would like to claim it after your WHV expires.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for your help ampk! I have found on the immi website that you can now pay via paypal which always takes about three days to process the payment from my account so I think this isn't a bad strategy to gain the necessary time.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Just remember with the PayPal, your application isn't received until they have the money. So you will need to apply 3-4 business days before your visa runs out. Otherwise no substantive visa and would have to meet schedule 3.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.