Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

new to this forum as we're about to apply for the onshore partner visa soon for my UK defacto partner (also apologies if this has been asked elsewhere! Still learning to navigate this forum)

After paying for the visa, and once we are able to upload our evidence to the portal- how long do we have to upload our evidence?

I've read on one blog that we have 2 weeks which is a little worrying as we're wanting to register our relationship in the next week sometime, but it takes a minimum of 28 days for them to process this + a couple of days for us to receive the certificate in the post.

Really confused by that "two weeks" time frame I read, as I also understand we should be uploading supporting evidence to our 820 application continuously as they occur? (e.g. if we were to get engaged or get a loan together down the track or more evidence of travel etc.) :confused:

can anyone help clarify this for me?

thanks in advance!!

·
Super Moderator
2,135 Posts
In theory they can make a decision on the information you provide when you make the application.
There is NO 2 weeks window, however there is normally no action taken for a while, if they request more information they usually give you 28 days.
Before you donate $7000 to consolidated revenue you may be best to have an initial consultation with a Registered Migration Agent. It is money well spent, and then for a fee they can review your application and advise you if you are lacking evidence in any areas. I believe your situation is assessed as at the time of your application so registering a relationship after you apply may not count, but again a Registered Migration Agent would be able to advise you if it is the case

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ah I see. thanks for clarifying!

hmm the registration was really just a 'bonus' in my eyes as we've been defacto for over a year and have plenty of strong evidence in relation to utility bills, leases etc.

Unfortunately we are only just able to afford the cost of the visa by a hair!
We are having to wait for my partner's UK tax return this month (..which is yet to come through) to pay for the majority of the visa. We're also on a bit of time pressure as we need to submit the application before March which will be his 6th month of employment at his current job - thus needing that bridging visa before then to allow him to continue to work there.

So no possibility of migration agent for us unfortunately >_< Fingers crossed my OCD-like organisation prevails

·
Premium Member
9,033 Posts
It doesn't sound like you're aware that the bridging visa he receives will not actually activate/kick in until after his current visa EXPIRES. Sounds like he's on a WHV - is that right? If so he'll need to apply to have his six-month work restriction lifted - something that I understand they will do typically for people who have applied for partner visas with no issue. Sorry I don't know off the top of my head what form you need - a forum search will probably bring it up.

Reactions: Mania

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
You really should not be lodging the application unless all criticical supporting evidence is in place.

As the previous poster pointed out, the BVA ( without work restrictions) will not come into effect until current visa expires. Until then current visa conditions will continue to apply.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.