Australia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have both Japanese and US driving licenses for more than 5 years now. And according to VicRoads, both countries are recognized countries and I don't need any test for converting and achieving a "Victorian Driving Licence".

My question is how long does it take to receive your licence once you apply at a VicRoads office. Do you receive it right away or does it take some time for them to process it and send it by mail? If so how many days does it take to receive the driving license?

By the way, I like "licence" with C. It is kinda cute.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I called up VicRoads and booked a time and took all the requested docs with me. Took 3 working days and the vic license arrived in the mail.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I called up VicRoads and booked a time and took all the requested docs with me. Took 3 working days and the vic license arrived in the mail.
Annam, what documents did you have to bring with you to get Vic's DL? I've got my Australian PR visa, and would like to apply for Vic DL based on the valid California license.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey Amparo1, I took my current passport and my overseas driving license, that's it ... the hardest part was to decide for how many years I wanted to have the Vic license, oh and they took a picture at VicRoads.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.