Australia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to see if anyone can help me out.
I have looked online and only found one source on the German Embassy website (Question 20.) "The date is based on the expiry date of your health and character checks, which are generally valid for 12 months from the date they were issued.".

This confuses me as processing time often can be longer than 12 months, and if the documents expire how are we to know? Surely they cannot expect her to be packed ready to go at a moments notice.

So my question is; Once my wife receives her partner visa, what is the window of time she has to enter Australia before the visa epires? Does anyone know?

Thank you in advance!

·
Premium Member
1,012 Posts
I was told you have a year from when you are granted the visa to enter Australia.
This is the current default, but they are happy to extend in the current circumstances.

·
Registered
6,624 Posts
I'm looking to see if anyone can help me out.
I have looked online and only found one source on the German Embassy website (Question 20.) "The date is based on the expiry date of your health and character checks, which are generally valid for 12 months from the date they were issued.".
That is what it was before COVID, and the change to the current one year after date of grant.

In our situation we were told what the entry date was, based on 12 months after health and character checks, but also told that if that date was not met, these checks would need doing again.

Immigration also now has a page where you can apply for an extension to the first entry date.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is what it was before COVID, and the change to the current one year after date of grant.

In our situation we were told what the entry date was, based on 12 months after health and character checks, but also told that if that date was not met, these checks would need doing again.

Immigration also now has a page where you can apply for an extension to the first entry date.
I am a little bit confused by this answer. Because you say it has changed to one year after the visa is granted then say your situation was different.
What was your situation? When did you guys get your visa?
Also, if you wouldn't mind telling me when did you do the character and health checks? Towards the end of the end application process? Or is it done before final submission?

Thanks,

·
Registered
6,624 Posts
I am a little bit confused by this answer. Because you say it has changed to one year after the visa is granted then say your situation was different.
What was your situation? When did you guys get your visa?
Also, if you wouldn't mind telling me when did you do the character and health checks? Towards the end of the end application process? Or is it done before final submission?

Thanks,
We applied, and got the grant, before COVID, and consequently came under the requirement to arrive before the medical and police checks expired.

We did the medical and police check about two weeks after we did the application. It was advised to do that to avoid causing delays in processing.

Some people prefer to wait for a Request (RFI), which might be months into the application. One advantage of waiting, is to avoid the extra cost of doing it again if your application is delayed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts