Australia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am going travelling in Australia on the 11,2010. Starting in cairns then moving down to sydney etc. I am going with my other half and we would be staying in hostels etc backpacking around. I was thinking around £2000 each for 7 months is this enough. any help is more than welcome.

·
Registered
3 Posts
hmm, thats no where near enough.. youll probably need min $25 a night for a dorm room, $15-20 a day for food, and thats just the bare basics.. for 7 months.. i would probably aim for more 15k? but thats really skimming it i think. However, if you intend to work ( and you should ) then thats a different story. Ive seen backpackers rock up into a new town with $300 and stayed for 6 months by just doing jobs here and there and doing it cheap. Up to you in what sort of holiday you want :)

hope this helps

·
Registered
685 Posts
Accommodation is what will suck money out of you. Therefore, I would suggest trying to rent a room in shared accommodation and not really focus on motels or hostels. I am sure you can get room for less than $200 per week when doing that.

Also, if you cook for yourself, you save on groceries. You can close a week with $50 - $70 and not $20 per day if you do that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.