Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

I am a 64 years old Swedish lady who at last made up my mind to move Down Under.

I have been accepted for a Parent Visa, but haven´t made any payments yet.

Am I forced to pay an extra sum to immi.gov. to be able to make the first payment or can I do the payment in some other way? It is expensive enough without this extra cost of AU$549....

What else do I have to think of?

How long app. will it take to get an answer if I may move in or not?
Will my money be refundable if the visa for some reason doen´t come through?

Well, this are my very first questions and I hope, somebody out there is able to help me out :).

So long

· Registered
1,376 Posts
Hi!

I am a 64 years old Swedish lady who at last made up my mind to move Down Under.

I have been accepted for a Parent Visa, but haven´t made any payments yet.

Am I forced to pay an extra sum to immi.gov. to be able to make the first payment or can I do the payment in some other way? It is expensive enough without this extra cost of AU$549....

What else do I have to think of?

How long app. will it take to get an answer if I may move in or not?
Will my money be refundable if the visa for some reason doen´t come through?

Well, this are my very first questions and I hope, somebody out there is able to help me out :).

So long
:( Please someone correct me if I am wrong but the last I read parent visas are running at about 15 years for approval. :eek: and I am really hoping I am wrong about that.

Kttykat

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!

I have read that too.....
Where can I get this confirmed, do you think?

Would it be better to ask for some other Visa?? However other ones are so much more expensive.....

· Premium Member
9,762 Posts
Hi Ozie -

Family visa processing time estimates are here:

Client Service Charter

Because of the small allocated numbers of parent and aged dependent parent visa spots per year, processing has stretched out to 15 years (or more). The contributory parent visa waiting time is 12-24 months, and the cost is very high (over $44,000 visa application fees + residence fees).

Sorry I don't have better news! Please advise if I can assist any further -

Best,

Mark Northam

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.