Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Me and my partner are launching our application soon. We are applying for the offshore partner visa.

We also have a son together who was born outside Australia. which I cannot grant him an Australian citenzhip unless I spent 2 years in Australia as I'm an australian citenzen by descent.

There is an option to add children on the partner visa , but how do I go about it ?

Has anyone gone through this ?

Thank You

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Me and my partner are launching our application soon. We are applying for the offshore partner visa.

We also have a son together who was born outside Australia. which I cannot grant him an Australian citenzhip unless I spent 2 years in Australia as I'm an australian citenzen by descent.

There is an option to add children on the partner visa , but how do I go about it ?

Has anyone gone through this ?

Thank You
He's not eligible for citizenship by descent?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He's not eligible for citizenship by descent?
On their website it states that to apply for a citizenship by descent for him the sponsor(me) has to spent at least 2 years lawfully in Australia.

This is quoted on their website "If your Australian citizen parent became an Australian citizen by descent or by adoption under the Hague Convention or a bilateral arrangement , then that parent must have spent at least two years lawfully in Australia.

There is another option to add a family member to a partner visa and the kid will have the same rights as his mother (my partner)

I just dont know which option to go for

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
On their website it states that to apply for a citizenship by descent for him the sponsor(me) has to spent at least 2 years lawfully in Australia.

This is quoted on their website "If your Australian citizen parent became an Australian citizen by descent or by adoption under the Hague Convention or a bilateral arrangement , then that parent must have spent at least two years lawfully in Australia.

There is another option to add a family member to a partner visa and the kid will have the same rights as his mother (my partner)

I just dont know which option to go for
I would suggest speaking with a RMA.

·
Super Moderator
5,266 Posts
AFAIK, there should be somewhere on the application where you list migrating dependents. Then when you reach the point of paying the fees, it should add the cost for the dependents into the total amount owed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.