Australia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I have become an Australian Citizen in 2019. Entire process was done with the help of friends here on this forum THANKS to all. In 2019 I become a father of a Son from my GF overseas. Now
I want to register my Son, how to do this please advise.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
Hi everyone,

I have become an Australian Citizen in 2019. Entire process was done with the help of friends here on this forum THANKS to all. In 2019 I become a father of a Son from my GF overseas. Now
I want to register my Son, how to do this please advise.
Thanks in advance.
Citizenship by descent.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi there,

We are expecting our first child. Since we are waiting for my wife partner visa my questions is. if the baby is born in India how do we register our child in medicare in case my wife wont have the visa by then.

1.would you be able to avail the green book from the victoria health department so that we can keep the record of the child's vaccinations while we are overseas.
2. we probably need the vaccination record from the department during the enrollment in school for child so how do we get that update while we are overseas.

your help would be highly appreciated.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I only want to register him in the system. Not looking to get him Citizenship. What’s the procedure please?

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
To be eligible to apply for Medicare an applicant must be in Australia and hold a qualifying visa. Search Medicare eligibility.

·
Registered
6,122 Posts
I only want to register him in the system. Not looking to get him Citizenship. What’s the procedure please?
Once you arrive in Australia, you can do it at any Medicare office, or by mail, or online.

You must prove you live in Australia...

You can enrol in Medicare if you live in Australia and you’re any of these:
an Australian citizen... etc

Reactions: graaan
1 - 8 of 8 Posts