Australia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I got my VETASSESS skill assesment back where out of my 3 employments (all after educational qualification), they used 2nd and part of 3rd for qualifying me for the skill. First was a Graduate Research Assistant (highly relevant and 20 hrs/week in addition to scholarships) position during my Grad school.

I'm currently on a TSS visa and had applied for it before starting my 3rd employment. My current visa is for the same skill (Uni Lecturer) and while granting DHA used my 1st and 2nd employment to qualify me for the skill (Uni lectuere is exempt from skills assessment for TSS visa).

While submiting the EOI for 189/190, how should I answer the question "Is this employment related to the nominated occupation?" for the 1st and 2nd employment? According to VETASSESS they are not related but DHA already deemed them related for my previous Visa grant. Also, is that enough grounds for getting a reassessment done by VETASSESS?

Any help will be appreciated.
Cheers!

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
If the duties you were performing correspond with those disclosed by ANZSCO for your nominated occupation, or an occupation in the same ANZSCO Unit Group, you can claim the employment as closely related. The decision on this rests with the ministerial delgate, not VETASSESS.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If the duties you were performing correspond with those disclosed by ANZSCO for your nominated occupation, or an occupation in the same ANZSCO Unit Group, you can claim the employment as closely related. The decision on this rests with the ministerial delgate, not VETASSESS.
Thanks wrussell.
The help section in skillselect mentions this.
IMPORTANT: Clients who have an opinion on their skilled employment from the relevant assessing authority should enter employment periods as specified on the letter from the assessing authority.

Can I still disregard the point test advice from VETASSESS and fill in what I think (and have documentation for) as related employment? In that case, should I mark the 1st year of my employment no 1 as not related (since that should be used to qualify me for the skilll) and the rest as related?

Thanks again for your help!
Cheers and Happy new year!

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
Can I still disregard the point test advice from VETASSESS and fill in what I think (and have documentation for) as related employment? In that case, should I mark the 1st year of my employment no 1 as not related (since that should be used to qualify me for the skilll) and the rest as related?
From what you have posted, yes.

This is not a considered professional opinion, for which I would have to review your documents.

·
Registered
1 Posts
In EOI, there is a field in "Employment" section

Is this employment related to the nominated occupation? - I have given this as Yes for all my employment entries

Following is my ACS Result:

The following employment after 19 October 2019 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately
skilled level and relevant to ANZSCO Code 261314 (Software Tester).

Dates: 10/13 - 10/18 - 5 year(s) 0 month(s)
Position: Quality and Performance Senior AnalystO/ QA Lead
Employer: 1

Dates: 10/18 - 02/20 - 1 year(s) 4 month(s)
Position: Consultant
Employer: 2

In the "Employment" section in EOI, should I keep it as yes or No I mean should this section be in sync with the ACS experience assessment or will DHA verify with ACS on this ? Please suggest.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts