Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am Neil. I currently hold a GSM 485 visa. I have completed my Masters degree in Masters of Information Technology (Computer Networks). As networking is my main subject. I am currently employed with a company as a network professional.

I have few doubts as how do i apply 885 VISA thru work experience?

I went through immigration website and they have changed the modl which use to exist before. I had my degree assessed through ACS under ASCO code 2231-79 Computer professionals NEC.

Now according to SOL (Schedule-2) which is the so-called transitional arrangement skilled list. I didn't find anything listed under 2231-79 Computing professionals, whatever is there, doesn't match my profession.

Also I did find a new occupation for ANZSCO code:- 263111 Computer Network and Systems Engineer 2231-13 Systems Designer.

The above one is similiar to my profession and my degree too.

Now My doubt:-

Can I get my degree assessed again for this new occupation listed and will I be eligible to apply on base of that for a GSM 885?

Also I will be getting a one year experience, would that be enough to qualify the point test system?

Can someone please answer my query?

Thank You,
Neil

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
As well as the transitional mapping provided with the new SOL, you could contact the ACS for they had something of a transitional classification in place.
The eligibility criteria for the 885/886 are quite clear and whatever is stated there applies.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As well as the transitional mapping provided with the new SOL, you could contact the ACS for they had something of a transitional classification in place.
The eligibility criteria for the 885/886 are quite clear and whatever is stated there applies.
Thank You Wanderer. That really helped me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.