Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I came to Sydney in March 2013 and graduated in 2016. Got my TR 485 after graduation and is now about to expire by end of November 2018. I’ve just submitted my Expression of interest yesterday for subclass 189 at 75 points and for subclass 190 at 80 points under ICT Businness Analyst in NSW. Although I’ve one invitation round left which is going to be on 11th November. For my occupation it can take about 2-3 months with the points I’ve, to be invited. My question is on how can I extend my TR 485 until I get my invitation so I can move onto bridging visa as I’ve to travel in January. If I can’t extend my TR 485, what other visa can I apply to legally stay in the country until my invitation is issued?

·
Premium Member
5,241 Posts
I don't believe there's any way to extend a 485 visa. Unless you receive an invitation before your 485 expires, you may need to leave Australia and then submit your 189 application once you are invited to apply.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I don't believe there's any way to extend a 485 visa. Unless you receive an invitation before your 485 expires, you may need to leave Australia and then submit your 189 application once you are invited to apply.
Thanks for the reply Maggie.

Is it compulsory to leave Australia after my TR expires or can I apply a visitor visa or any other other visa to stay for additional 2-3 months?

·
Premium Member
5,241 Posts
You can apply for a visitor visa but whether it's granted or not is unknown. They'd need to be convinced you're a genuine temporary entrant here to visit, and you wouldn't be allowed to work.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You can apply for a visitor visa but whether it's granted or not is unknown. They'd need to be convinced you're a genuine temporary entrant here to visit, and you wouldn't be allowed to work.
Thanks Maggie for your response, I might actually go for a visitor visa to stay additional time, although if it does get rejected, it won't effect my PR application what so ever, right?

·
Premium Member
5,241 Posts
I'd suggest you speak with a registered migration agent. I know that having a visa application refused while you're onshore may make some subsequent applications more difficult, but I'm not sure if the 189 is one of those.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.