Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

How to get into Government dept in Adelaide?

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Wanderer 
#1 ·
Hi I am looking for advice on jobs in government departments in Adelaide.
My husband has 15 years experience with the Irish Government.We are talking about moving to Australia,ideally Adelaide because I has friends there.
We are going on holidays there in March to visit my friends and I am trying to convince him to move there next year (I've always wanted to move there).
I am a qualified childcare worker so I will be looking to do something in that field.
We have a 6 year old son and want him to have a better life than we can give him here in Ireland.
Any help and advice would be really appreciated.:)

#2 ·
Government departments in Australia toptwice, be they federal or state usually require a person to have at least Permanent Residence or federally, it's usually citizenship, so the way you need to approach immigration is by what occupation your husband or you have and first step is getting qualifications assessed.
Start @ Professionals and other Skilled Migrants - Workers - Visas & Immigration and it'll take you through step by step and the eligibility section of the 175 or 176 visa will have an eligibility chart with headings/links for more information, the applying section a Checklist with more links and also have aread of processing priority articles on the Whats New Link at the top of the above page, a fair bit of info to be absorbed but all fairly straightforward, no rocket science about it.
Only one person of a family needs a skilled visa and the other members are included in the application as secondary applicants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.