Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm planning to apply for contributory parent visa for my father. I came to Australia as a skill migrant in Feb-2011 and currently I'm working full time in my related field.

I want to take my single parent to Australia under contributory parent visa. I wonder how to prove that I'm a settle in this country?? :confused:

I ring the imigration hotline to queary about the duration of '2 years' but they said it is NOT mandatory if I can PROVE that I'm settled. So my question is how are they going to asses whether I'm settled in Australian?? :confused:

Thanking you for a response. :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nobody has replied my post :(

So I did couple of searches and came up with following information:

Assessment of the sponsor's ability to fulfil the sponsorship undertaking will take place as part of the assessment of the application and sponsors may be asked to provide documentation covering:

• their latest income tax assessment;
• their current pay slips or other satisfactory evidence of alternative income;
• evidence of major assets, including bank or similar accounts, details of real estate/motor vehicle ownership;
• confirmation of liabilities, such as mortgage repayments, rent, hire purchase, credit card repayments etc;
("Any plans to satisfy the "evidence of major assets" condition should NOT contradict as liabilities")
• any other evidence that may help to establish their ability to meet their undertaking.

<I wonder what are they referring by other evidence. I need to clarify more on this matter >:confused:

The sponsor may be asked to submit evidence of their being settled and usually resident in Australia. This information may include:

• the length of that residence and the amount of time spent in Australia;
• proof of having a settled home in Australia;
• ownership of a home, business or other investments, social network.

Copies of documents may be provided if they are certified as true copies of the original by a Justice of the Peace, Commissioner for Declarations or a person authorised to witness statutory declarations.

A Carer visa application cannot be accepted by the department unless the application includes the required certificate from Medibank Health Solutions, or a letter from Medibank Health Solutions is submitted acknowledging that the medical assessment has commenced.

Hope this will be helpful to someone like me. :)

·
Registered
440 Posts
So I did couple of searches and came up with following information:

Assessment of the sponsor's ability to fulfil the sponsorship undertaking will take place as part of the assessment of the application and sponsors may be asked to provide documentation covering:

• their latest income tax assessment;
• their current pay slips or other satisfactory evidence of alternative income;
• evidence of major assets, including bank or similar accounts, details of real estate/motor vehicle ownership;
• confirmation of liabilities, such as mortgage repayments, rent, hire purchase, credit card repayments etc;
("Any plans to satisfy the "evidence of major assets" condition should NOT contradict as liabilities")
• any other evidence that may help to establish their ability to meet their undertaking.

<I wonder what are they referring by other evidence. I need to clarify more on this matter >:confused:

The sponsor may be asked to submit evidence of their being settled and usually resident in Australia. This information may include:

• the length of that residence and the amount of time spent in Australia;
• proof of having a settled home in Australia;
• ownership of a home, business or other investments, social network.

Copies of documents may be provided if they are certified as true copies of the original by a Justice of the Peace, Commissioner for Declarations or a person authorised to witness statutory declarations.

A Carer visa application cannot be accepted by the department unless the application includes the required certificate from Medibank Health Solutions, or a letter from Medibank Health Solutions is submitted acknowledging that the medical assessment has commenced.

Hope this will be helpful to someone like me. :)
Hi Compilable, I just came across your post and I was wondering how did your application go? Did you prove successfully that you have settled in Australia?
Kind greetings,
BMA

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.