Australia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just joined the site after lurking for a few months -- we're a New York City family made up of a Yankee wife and Aussie husband and have just moved to the Byron area. 2 kids, both born and bred in NYC until now but registered as citizens by descent, so all we have to do is sort out my 820. We madly lodged the application online on New Year's Eve after learning about the rate increase...figuring that we could spend that extra $2200 on all the other million and one things we need to set up house here. :D

·
Registered
106 Posts
Just joined the site after lurking for a few months -- we're a New York City family made up of a Yankee wife and Aussie husband and have just moved to the Byron area. 2 kids, both born and bred in NYC until now but registered as citizens by descent, so all we have to do is sort out my 820. We madly lodged the application online on New Year's Eve after learning about the rate increase...figuring that we could spend that extra $2200 on all the other million and one things we need to set up house here. :D
G'day! Moving from one amazing part of the world to another, very nice. NYC and BB are chalk and cheese though, should be interesting for the kids!
Hope the 'process' is kind to you! Good luck.

Kirsty

·
Registered
9 Posts
Chalk and cheese indeed! Kirsty, I'd be interested to hear how you and your family are enjoying Byron. My fiance and I are in the midst of a PMV app, I'm currently living in Melbourne but I grew up in Byron and I can't wait to take a trip up there once our visa gets approved.

Anyway, pleased to meet you and good luck with your 820!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Chalk and cheese indeed! Kirsty, I'd be interested to hear how you and your family are enjoying Byron. My fiance and I are in the midst of a PMV app, I'm currently living in Melbourne but I grew up in Byron and I can't wait to take a trip up there once our visa gets approved.

Anyway, pleased to meet you and good luck with your 820!
Hiya, I wish I lived near BB, but instead I'm on the beautiful South Coast. My husband is getting close to having his 309 assessed- the CO made contact this week asking for a few more bits of info so she can assess. We've been lucky- it's only been 6 months and the current timeframe is quoted as 12-15 months.

Randy lives in Alexandria VA and works in DC. I'm heading over at Easter for a few months with my son and he'll move to Oz for good in July when we all come back together (pending visa approval).

I was in NYC for NYE last year..had a great 2 weeks exploring with a friend..looking forward to taking my parents around the city in June. Any unknown secret NYC spots I should visit? Was freezing last Dec/Jan so didn't do the hi line or spend much time in Central Park...will be nice to see the green spaces in summer!

All the best! Kirsty

·
Registered
9 Posts
& ignore that I thought you were living in BB! The south coast is equally if not more beautiful and without the hordes of tourists.

I've managed to get over to NYC a couple of times but definitely don't have the local knowledge you're after. My fiance falcorkle might be able to recommend a place or two though.

So it took you 6 months til he heard from his CO? And you obviously lodged through the DC embassy? We're approaching three months since our application date this Wednesday. I check everyday to see if we have any news but nothing yet. I understand there is a standard acknowledgment at the 3 month mark however? We still have the medical to do and submit police checks once we receive them from the FBI.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.