Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m 62. My prospective wife is 30. I’m currently on Newstart. Soon should change to Parenting (I hope). I’m in AAT now to confirm I have approx 64% care of my 2young sons (8& 5). I rent. So not much assets. Can she join me. Or do I need substantial assets to sponsor her??

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm 62. My prospective wife is 30. I'm currently on Newstart. Soon should change to Parenting (I hope). I'm in AAT now to confirm I have approx 64% care of my 2young sons (8& 5). I rent. So not much assets. Can she join me. Or do I need substantial assets to sponsor her??
To sponser your partner in Australia you dont need any asset or income to show, what you need is a genuine and ongoing relationship with your partner.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think we will be ok regarding the genuine & ongoing relationship.
S\we met while she was visiting Sydney, she has visited here on a tourist visa - 2 year multiple entry, can she make enquiries about potential employers??
I know she is not allowed to work, she just wants to see what's available and what potential employers may want etc.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I think we will be ok regarding the genuine & ongoing relationship.
S\we met while she was visiting Sydney, she has visited here on a tourist visa - 2 year multiple entry, can she make enquiries about potential employers??
I know she is not allowed to work, she just wants to see what's available and what potential employers may want etc.
Is your partner living with you in australia?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No, she is currently still living & working in Vietnam. She has been down to visit a couple of times, and I have been up to visit her a couple of times also.
The plan is for her to finish work there around end March next year

·
Registered
6 Posts
No, she is currently still living & working in Vietnam. She has been down to visit a couple of times, and I have been up to visit her a couple of times also.
The plan is for her to finish work there around end March next year
As you are not living together it needs special care in terms of meeting all the criteria. I would recommend you consult a registered migration agent in Australia which will save your money and time in long run if you are planning to lodge partner visa application.

Good luck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.