Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Hopefully someone can help me out here, getting stressed!

On Saturday (11/02/17) I applied for the 820 partnership visa from within Australia, I received an acknowledgement of application straight away, but have had nothing that states I will automatically be put on a BVA? I'm panicking a little bit now as my current 90 day tourist visa runs out on Friday (17/02/2017).

I was under the impression that I would receive a confirmation of BVA too after everything I have read on various forum sites.

Im currently waiting for DIBP to call me back so hopefully they can help me out, but if anyone has any info that can put my mind at ease it would be greatly appreciated..

· Registered
30 Posts
Firstly, Have you paid for the visa and completed the first bit of questions? Just double checking that's what you mean by you "applied". If not, after you pay is when you get email with BVA.

If you have paid,

When you login and go to my applications, then click on your stage 1 application, Under your application links "TYPE, Application Submitted, Application Fee Paid" is there a box with Bridging Visa Details? If not I would be calling into migration office for some clarifications.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Country_Gypsy,

Thanks for your reply!

I have paid for it but there wasn't any mention of a BVA anywhere.

I have also just spoke to DIBP and thankfully they have confirmed that i have been granted a BVA and i should have received something telling me this, but i didn't. They did say sometimes this can take a while though so no doubt it will come through.

Either way they assured me i'm all good and provided me with a visa grant number so i can check my status once my tourist visa expires.

I am so relieved! Again, thanks for the quick reply and hopefully anyone else reading this, having the same issue can find some peace of mind!

· Registered
64 Posts
Hi, is it online application? I didn't receive email of acknowledment and BVA after payment. Still checking email the next day and still nothing, but when i logged in into my immi account ,there i saw the acknowledment and BVA dated on the day of lodgement and saw they sent comms in my hubbys email. I pushed his email and there i found the copy of acknowledment and BVA sent after the payment.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.