Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,
Please i need your advice,i applied for an Australian Sub class 600 visa, a visitor visa on 21 June 2017 ,and i made and error during filling the form after i submitted,so my bio metrics was delayed.So after i corrected the error i was finally allowed to go for my bio metrics which i went for on the 31st August 2017.But up till now i haven't heard anything about my Visa grant. And am suppose to attend a Conference in Australia on Nov 23rd 2017. Please i need advice i don't know if anyone is experiencing the same delay too,am so worried,i would really appreciate and advice or comment on what to do next.
Thanks all.
Efe.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Hello Everyone,
Please i need your advice,i applied for an Australian Sub class 600 visa, a visitor visa on 21 June 2017 ,and i made and error during filling the form after i submitted,so my bio metrics was delayed.So after i corrected the error i was finally allowed to go for my bio metrics which i went for on the 31st August 2017.But up till now i haven't heard anything about my Visa grant. And am suppose to attend a Conference in Australia on Nov 23rd 2017. Please i need advice i don't know if anyone is experiencing the same delay too,am so worried,i would really appreciate and advice or comment on what to do next.
Thanks all.
Efe.
Call the overseas post that's assessing your application and ask for an update. pretty sure even accounting for your error it's passed the standard processing time.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Call the overseas post that's assessing your application and ask for an update. pretty sure even accounting for your error it's passed the standard processing time.
al_ghazal Thanks for your reply i really appreciate,but i dont have the numbers to call i applied online from nigeria my biometrics was done in their embassy in Lagos nigeria (TLS Contact),the error was cleared and i went for my bio metrics. But on a normal am suppose to have heard from them??

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Send the embassy that you applied to an email and ask for an update - DIBP's preferred method of communication is by email.
Thanks for your reply Mr Mish,i really appreciate
but i dont have the embassy email,the Email i have is for their embassy
in pretoria embassy in SA.
if you have an email that i can mail and get an update about my visa application i would really appreciate if you could send it to me thanks Mish.

·
Premium Member
10,519 Posts
Thanks for your reply Mr Mish,i really appreciate
but i dont have the embassy email,the Email i have is for their embassy
in pretoria embassy in SA.
if you have an email that i can mail and get an update about my visa application i would really appreciate if you could send it to me thanks Mish.
Is the embassy in South Africa the location that is processing your application? If so that is who you need to contact.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Is the embassy in South Africa the location that is processing your application? If so that is who you need to contact.
No,is not the embassy in SA,i did my biometrics Australian Visa Application Centre in ikeja lagos Nigeria.
(TLS CONTACT) I dont have their Email,i have checked couldnt find any.
Am so worried is almost time for my conference in Australia,and no reply yet.

·
Premium Member
10,519 Posts
No,is not the embassy in SA,i did my biometrics Australian Visa Application Centre in ikeja lagos Nigeria.
If you check the Australian Embassy website in Nigeria, you will find that the the applications get processing in South Africa.

It is always a possibility you may not have a decision before the conference. Unfortunately, with visa's they can take as long as they wish.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I can confirm to you that your visa is being processed in South Africa not Nigeria .
Yes the biometric was taken in Lagos, but the results will be sent to South Africa.
Australia consulate/ embassy in Nigeria does not process visa anymore . That particular section of the embassy closed down years ago because Nigerian citizens set it up on fire 🔥.

Anyway, looking at Nigerian citizens reputation, visas approval don't come easily for them.

I hope things workout for you.

Good luck 😉

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I can confirm to you that your visa is being processed in South Africa not Nigeria .
Yes the biometric was taken in Lagos, but the results will be sent to South Africa.
Australia consulate/ embassy in Nigeria does not process visa anymore . That particular section of the embassy closed down years ago because Nigerian citizens set it up on fire 🔥.

Anyway, looking at Nigerian citizens reputation, visas approval don't come easily for them.

I hope things workout for you.

Good luck 😉
Thanks for your reply
EDT...so what can i do now,whats your advice for me,i still have to wait,will i eventually get a reply from the embassy,am so confuse,is almost time for the conference i dont want to miss it...whats your advice
EDT?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If you check the Australian Embassy website in Nigeria, you will find that the the applications get processing in South Africa.

It is always a possibility you may not have a decision before the conference. Unfortunately, with visa's they can take as long as they wish.
thanks Mish am happy i have been able to get some advice from you,
but what i want to know is that no matter how long it takes,the embassy is gonna give me a reply right? and what can possibly cause this delay??
Thanks
Regards
Efe

·
Premium Member
10,519 Posts
thanks Mish am happy i have been able to get some advice from you,
but what i want to know is that no matter how long it takes,the embassy is gonna give me a reply right? and what can possibly cause this delay??
Thanks
Regards
Efe
Yes the embassy will give you a reply no matter what but if it is after the conference and this is your reason for going then I would assume it would be a refusal then.

Here is the contact us information for the embassy in South Africa: Contact Us

After you have lodged your application you can email [email protected]. You will not receive a response if seeking to follow-up on an application that is currently within our standard processing times.
Tel : +27 12 423 6000

·
Registered
457 Posts
Thanks for your reply
EDT...so what can i do now,whats your advice for me,i still have to wait,will i eventually get a reply from the embassy,am so confuse,is almost time for the conference i dont want to miss it...whats your advice
EDT?
Right now my advice to you will be to take your mind off the visa until you hear something . Try and contact them to see if you can get some form of feedback .

I hope you haven't purchased your flight ticket yet .

All the best

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes the embassy will give you a reply no matter what but if it is after the conference and this is your reason for going then I would assume it would be a refusal then.

Here is the contact us information for the embassy in South Africa: Contact Us
Thanks for everything Mish,i really appreciate,i will send an Email to the embassy,any update i will let you know.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Right now my advice to you will be to take your mind off the visa until you hear something . Try and contact them to see if you can get some form of feedback .

I hope you haven't purchased your flight ticket yet .

All the best
Thanks
EDT for your reply,No i haven't purchase my flight ticket yet,is not easy getting my mind of the visa , but will get a reply from them before my conference,and is it possible i get a visa grant even after the date of my conference,thanks.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Given the conference is starting on the 23rd I'd call the south african office right now (or as soon as it opens). at this rate you won't make it for the conference in time so don't sit around waiting for them to respond to your email. your matter is now urgent.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Thanks
EDT for your reply,No i haven't purchase my flight ticket yet,is not easy getting my mind of the visa , but will get a reply from them before my conference,and is it possible i get a visa grant even after the date of my conference,thanks.
I doubt they will grant you the visa if it's past your conference date

Thank you.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.