Australia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am so stupid. I'm the Australian sponsor and I paid to get an Australian police check without even realising that I didn't even need one.
I just kept seeing in doubles for this visa, as in "two birth certificates (one for me, one for him), two lots of passport photos, two declarations, two application forms....TWO POLICE CHECKS - WRONG!" arghh! Did anyone else make this stupid mistake? Please make me feel better :D

·
Registered
104 Posts
I am so stupid. I'm the Australian sponsor and I paid to get an Australian police check without even realising that I didn't even need one.
I just kept seeing in doubles for this visa, as in "two birth certificates (one for me, one for him), two lots of passport photos, two declarations, two application forms....TWO POLICE CHECKS - WRONG!" arghh! Did anyone else make this stupid mistake? Please make me feel better :D
I didn't make this mistake but I did request a residence certificate from Italy and even had it officially translated .... it was NOT needed! So I guess I wasted $80 for the translation + $50 to issue the damn thing!

I am so brain dead sometimes! :eek:

·
Registered
197 Posts
did not make that mistake, but at least they are not too expensive

i did pay $50 to get my partner's birth certificate NAATI translated into english. the australian website says this is required but the berlin embassy website says it's not. i wonder who is right.

·
Registered
104 Posts
did not make that mistake, but at least they are not too expensive

i did pay $50 to get my partner's birth certificate NAATI translated into english. the australian website says this is required but the berlin embassy website says it's not. i wonder who is right.
The Australian guys are right, if they are the ones processing!!! :cool:

·
Registered
197 Posts
it will be processed in berlin.. so who to believe!!?! :p

something else i found funny.. i paid the application fee here in australia because it was cheaper, and the form 47 said to attached a 'certified copy' of the receipt. but the receipt was sent as a pdf via email. the JP ended up asking me to print it out and then make a photocopy of the print out and certified that as the copy.

whatever makes them happy!!

·
Premium Member
895 Posts
Well, if they have children, the sponor needs a police check. So, you are not totally crazy.

It just goes to show how much this process can mess with your senses, doesn't it?

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
haha :D thanks guys, maybe we're all a bit crazy :p poor francesco!!

·
Registered
60 Posts
it will be processed in berlin.. so who to believe!!?! :p

something else i found funny.. i paid the application fee here in australia because it was cheaper, and the form 47 said to attached a 'certified copy' of the receipt. but the receipt was sent as a pdf via email. the JP ended up asking me to print it out and then make a photocopy of the print out and certified that as the copy.

whatever makes them happy!!
Wow! Something I totally overlooked and was not mentioned when I paid in person.

One would think that they would simply type in the receipt number to confirm payment.

Yet another totally unnecessary thing to do, imho!

·
Registered
31 Posts
SarahM said:
Hahaha my partner and I did the same thing. He is sponsoring me and I only realized that he didn't need one when I went to get another police check done as mine expires next week and I still don't have a case officer?!?! Don't think it's a stupid mistake just stressful time for a lit of people?!
Glad to see I'm not the only one going crazy with getting documentation, so much paperwork and afraid to chuck anything from the past year as it could be used as evidence to prove our relationship if my visa ever gets processed that is:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.