Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yes, Now I got my new job from myself and it was not easy when started.

I was working in a company as an office boy in Sydney last year. However, the economy was not so good and my boss decided to cut off 20% of all staff.

I am always not the lucky one. I had to say goodbye to my lovely teammates and my lovely … job.

You know, I need my job, very very much. I understand that these years it has been not easy to have a job. A friend used to tease me that: we don’t have jobs(Steve Jobs) now, but we still have bills (Bill Gates)

One day when I was wandering in Mount Street, North Sydney. I went into a shop selling mobile phones and also the accessories like iphone cases. I found that the prices of iphone cases are really expensive in the shops. Even for the ones not from a name brand.

Back to my apartment, I tried to check it out in Internet.
I happened to found that actually most of the iphone cases are not that expensive from some website. Take one I found as example
iphone-case-mate . com
many popular kinds of iphone cases are sold on a cheap price,
e.g. iPhone 4G avant - retro tape silicone cases, AUD 2-6 for one. When buying more than 5, I can take the tier price, similar to wholesale with free shipping. That is cheaper than Amazon!

I took brain storm and I got a plan to host a small shop selling these iphone cases with my friends together.
However, I was worried about the quality of the products and also the packing, which is important for me to show them to clients.

I tried to make an order of small amount, to my surprise, the packing is good enough, the quality is also good enough for me to sell them at a triple price ~~~~!!! Hahhhh~~

Now I am running this small shop of my own, I am sure that I can make it bigger and bigger soon.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well, it seems to be a good idea. I am iPhone4 user and I like changing the protective cover from time to time.

It can turn my iPhone4 from a phone to a fashion article.

Good idea. let me check your shop~~ when dropped in

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm happy for you. One cannot become wealthy working for somebody. It's good to be ones own boss. Charging triple the price is just being to greedy I think. Good luck!!

Sent from my iPhone using Australia

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, in that web shop, when I buy more than 20 items for one go, the tier price can be 50% off, then I make it triple price to sell out for each one, that is only 1.5 times of original price in the web. A shop on the road selling at1.5 times of prices against a web shop is fine I guess.
Right?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.