Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have received a reply from the immigration office, indicating that my visa has been granted.

i now want to know what exactly i shall do? i was told that i should go to the embassy to get the visa on my passport and to land there before Oct 2010.

so my question is: whats gonna happen when i get the visa and land there? is there a process i should follow?? for instant, apply for reseidency ID? get an address? apply for driving licience ?? ( i will only go there for 2 weeks to check it out and then go a year afterwards)

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
i have received a reply from the immigration office, indicating that my visa has been granted.

i now want to know what exactly i shall do? i was told that i should go to the embassy to get the visa on my passport and to land there before Oct 2010.

so my question is: whats gonna happen when i get the visa and land there? is there a process i should follow?? for instant, apply for reseidency ID? get an address? apply for driving licience ?? ( i will only go there for 2 weeks to check it out and then go a year afterwards)

Thanks in advance
Congratulations with that Kareem and yes if an embassy is handy, you can go in and they'll put a visa sticker in your passport, it also being able to be done by having the passport posted but a letter of grant should explain all that.

You just turn up in Australia and you'll go through immigration where a scan of your computer will match up with immigration records and the visa sticker is your ID for residency until you qualify to take out citizenship if you want to.

Have a read of Citizenship & Living in Australia

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hi Kareem,
Congratulations.
You don't have to do anything. If you are only coming for two weeks just enjoy your time.
People usually start from getting a tax file number from the Australian Taxation Office which you will need when you find employment, but you can get it later when you come to settle. You can apply for a driver's licence but you probably won't have enough time to get it and, even worse, you can't get it unless you live somewhere and can prove that you live there with documents coming to your address.. You don't just 'get an address'. An address is where you live. So, if you are not going to live in Au for the next year or so, don't create problems, leave all that for when you come to settle.
Good luck
Dorota

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.