Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey :)

Thanx for checking this out....This forum is my last hope for further educationg myself about AUS..So hopefully you can help!!

Is it possible for me to apply for a workers visa while in AUS on a visitors visa??? I have been told it is, I just want to make sure before I pack up and head to AUS. THANX!!!

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Hi Samantha,
Is it possible for me to apply for a workers visa while in AUS on a visitors visa???
There are some that you can apply for Samantha and they have various processing the times, the likeliest quickest being what is called a 457 Temporary Business Visa which can be a stepping stone to PR.
Read on from Employer Sponsored Workers - Workers - Visas & Immigration

However, before you go for that Visitors Visa
BEWARE
1. Some Tourist Visas may have what is called "the no further stay" condition attached and that in effect means no further visa.
Hence on the Partner visa query, an ETA suggested again.

2. However you return, enclosing a whole heap of documentation that could look as though you'll be looking for work could have you refused entry despite any claims you would be applying for another visa.
It's that looking other way and nose rub philosophy.

I'm sure with a partner here and internet, you'll be able to work something out.

And of course, getting an employer sponsored visa means finding an employer and you both meeting eligibility requirements.

Independent visas can also be applied for but they take a lot longer and involve a heap of other stuff - I'll move the thread to the Visas & Immigration section where you'll see there's a few sticky threads that have a lot of info.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.