Australia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Erika Wilson and husband and I will be applying for a 309 Partner Visa in the coming months.
He's currently living with his parents in Australia as he had just arrived back to Australia after living in the Philippines for two years.
I was wondering if our visa will be denied if he lives with his parents whilst we apply for my visa. He's living with them to save money but when I arrive in Australia we will soon after get our own house or apartment.

I hope you can help us with this matter.

Thank you very much.

·
Registered
440 Posts
It doesn't really matter if your partner is living with his parents. What matters is evidence you need to provide in order to prove your relationship and his ability to sponsor you. He needs to be able to provide for both of you, if necessary. Check the partner migration booklet: http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/books1.htm/.

Based on what I read on this forum, a lot of sponsors are students, still living at home. Statutory declarations by his parents, showing their support would be a good idea, too.

All the best!

·
Registered
219 Posts
My name is Erika Wilson and husband and I will be applying for a 309 Partner Visa in the coming months.
He's currently living with his parents in Australia as he had just arrived back to Australia after living in the Philippines for two years.
I was wondering if our visa will be denied if he lives with his parents whilst we apply for my visa. He's living with them to save money but when I arrive in Australia we will soon after get our own house or apartment.

I hope you can help us with this matter.

Thank you very much.
Hi Erika,
I agree with bma.it doesn't matter if your husband is living with his parent the important is he can prove he can support all what u bot need when u got there.aside from stat dec. as bma said your husband can also get a employment certificate if he is working and if not if he have any business u can use the business certificate or what do u call that thing when u own business in Aust..
By the way why u dont apply partner visa in Australia? where did u get married?and u have mention your husband live in phil for 2 years?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Erika,
I agree with bma.it doesn't matter if your husband is living with his parent the important is he can prove he can support all what u bot need when u got there.aside from stat dec. as bma said your husband can also get a employment certificate if he is working and if not if he have any business u can use the business certificate or what do u call that thing when u own business in Aust..
By the way why u dont apply partner visa in Australia? where did u get married?and u have mention your husband live in phil for 2 years?
Thank you for the reply allansarh. I really appreciate it.
Actually I will be applying for a visa subclass 309 very soon.I am just sorting things out as of the moment like passports and all the other needed documents.We got married here in the Philippines and yes my husband lived here for 2 years as he was working here before as a teacher (we actually work in the same company that's why I met him :)).

Well anyway,thanks for the ideas you've shared :)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It doesn't really matter if your partner is living with his parents. What matters is evidence you need to provide in order to prove your relationship and his ability to sponsor you. He needs to be able to provide for both of you, if necessary. Check the partner migration booklet: http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/books1.htm/.

Based on what I read on this forum, a lot of sponsors are students, still living at home. Statutory declarations by his parents, showing their support would be a good idea, too.

All the best!
Hi bma,

G'day!Thank you so much for the reply.Well reading your comment/post made me a bit more confident now.I was just really scared that the situation we have right now will affect the visa approval. I'm just really dying to see my husband because I miss him so much.He's my bestfriend ,my drinking mate,movie companion ,my all-in-one. I've been reading blogs and forums to so I will have ideas on this. But I really thank u so much for the inputs.

All the best :)

·
Registered
440 Posts
Hi Erika,

we're still just forum users (who have gone through similar experience) and not migration agents. I suggest you check other forum posts on this subject (there are many) and if still in doubt, contact a registered migration agent. Especially check forum's threads on how to best prepare your application and what evidence to include.

Lodging an offshore application is very wise at the moment, I've seen a lot of post from the applicants in the Philippines lately, and they've been approved really fast.

All the best and good luck with your application!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Thank you for the reply allansarh. I really appreciate it.
Actually I will be applying for a visa subclass 309 very soon.I am just sorting things out as of the moment like passports and all the other needed documents.We got married here in the Philippines and yes my husband lived here for 2 years as he was working here before as a teacher (we actually work in the same company that's why I met him :)).

Well anyway,thanks for the ideas you've shared :)
Hi Erika,
no worries your welcome..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.